Airtel expands its Wi-Fi service across India

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 39
  • Views Views: Views 2,457
Airtel should call it fiber broadband instead of WiFi. Coz when they say rolls out WiFi service it seems like public WiFi hotspots like you have at airports.

I believe this reference to fiber broadband as wifi and then the removal of airfiber page on their website and a single integrated form for new connection are all just marketing strategy to up sell Airfiber ahead of wired FTTH. I am not predicting/imagining but just connecting the dots. They are taking cue from Jio in this regard. But of course a wrong approach IMHO. Now expect them to provide you airfiber even when you want to install the wired FTTH.

Future conversation be like..
Customer: sir I want Airtel WiFi
Airtel: *brings the AF equipments*
Customer: sir what is this
Airtel: You asked for "WIFI"
Customer: but....
Airtel: shut up. this is Airtel WIFI.

😂😂

Great to know that Airtel is back to doing their usual gimmick of renaming and repackaging their services to confuse, lure, and trick potential customers into buying something the customer originally did not intend to buy 💀

Remember how 'Airtel Postpaid' became part of the multi-service plan called 'One Airtel', which was then renamed to a "new" plan called 'Airtel Black'? Fun times 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

👇
This seems to me like just another gimmick to lure prepaid customers into using postpaid. Nothing else much. May be, it could be useful for existing postpaid customers, who also have existing Airtel DTH and/or Airtel Broadband connections.

Looks like they have just renamed the 'One Airtel Plan' as 'Airtel Black'.

With the Airtel logo being in red color and all, they really should have gone for 'Airtel Red'. I don't know, may be they'll do it for the next iteration of the gimmick?

Link to 'One Airtel' plan (now everything in the page says 'Airtel Black'):

Expands Wi-Fi service across 284 cities including Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kota and more

Airtel expands its Wi-Fi service across an additional 2.7 million households in Rajasthan

Expands Wi-Fi service across 30 districts including Nagpur, Pune, Jalgaon, Kolhapur and more

Airtel expands its Wi-Fi service across an additional 1.1 million households in Maharashtra

Expands Wi-Fi service across 49 cities including Ambala, Kurukshetra, Panipat and more

Airtel expands its Wi-Fi service across an additional 0.7 million households in Haryana

Expands Wi-Fi service across 77 towns including Kolkata, Siliguri, Durgapur, Darjeeling, Asansol, Burdwan, Kharagpur, Malda, Purulia, Berhampore,and more

Airtel expands its Wi-Fi service across an additional 2 million households in West Bengal

Recently Airtel fiber entered in my village. Before I used local ISP and compared to those airtel is superb. In last 1 month my internet connection never gone for once. 24x7 uptime. Enjoying uncapped speed.
Airtel Wi-fi coverage will be seen much better in metro cities whereas in small cities must trouble in stable network connection due to numbers of users and maintenance is low.

Airtel Wi-fi coverage will be seen much better in metro cities whereas in small cities must trouble in stable network connection due to numbers of users and maintenance is low.
This is the speed I'm getting on my 30mbps plan
Screenshot-2024-08-18-11-43-17-60-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot-2024-08-16-22-51-56-10-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12-2.jpg

But they should advertise it separately and clearly distinguish between Airfiber and traditional fiber broadband.
It looks like they have taken user feedback into consideration. Now they have added two different pages listing airfiber and fiber plans separately.

Airtel AirFiber: airtel.in/plans/airfiber

Airtel Broadband/Fiber: airtel.in/plans/broadband

However, still they have single "Buy Wi-Fi" page to buy both the services so they can provide either of the service based on availability.

It look like Airtel finally added 40 Mbps in the basic fiber plan and still no adding in 799. i think it may add Apple subscription bundle only along with this plan in the future.

Back
Top Bottom