• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,258

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Airtel AirFiber product and plans were removed from Airtel website (airtel.in/xstream-airfiber) - now the page redirects to Airtel website homepage.

Any idea guys what Airtel is upto?

I assume that Airtel is redesigning their webpage or they have taken down the product which can be due to lack of profit or some kind of network issue.

they have taken down the product which can be due to lack of profit
Why would they shut it down? As of today there is just 1 profitable use case for 5G in India and that's FWA broadband. Coz smart home solutions, smart cars, M2M etc haven't picked up yet since 5G isn't providing a significant advantage over 4G apart from low latency coz these are not bandwidth intensive applications, only FWA broadband is.

Why would they shut it down? As of today there is just 1 profitable use case for 5G in India and that's FWA broadband. Coz smart home solutions, smart cars, M2M etc haven't picked up yet since 5G isn't providing a significant advantage over 4G apart from low latency coz these are not bandwidth intensive applications, only FWA broadband is.
i am expecting airtel to re-luanch plan with increase tariff to get more तारीफ़( attetion) from investor
and fool user with new marketing/branding campaign.

so may be first step to remove from main website

It turns out Airtel AirFiber is alive and connections are still given.

One more inspiration taken from Jio here. Similar to Jio AirFiber application process, Airtel also has a single fiber/airfiber apply page now.

If you apply for a wifi connection, they will come up with either fiber (if available), otherwise airfiber connection will be installed.

How is the net speed and dth experience
I am on 100mbps plan @799 which does not comes with dth.

Speed is very good in terms of download and upload always 100+ (106down/103up).

I am thinking to speak with them and shift to 899 plan which has dth and ott

I am on 100mbps plan @799 which does not comes with dth.

Speed is very good in terms of download and upload always 100+ (106down/103up).

I am thinking to speak with them and shift to 899 plan which has dth and ott
Ohh r they charging extra for dth then 🤔

Back
Top Bottom