Airtel 5G News & Discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 315
  • Views: Views 51,406
This won't happen if Airtel ARPU is not 300-500 for less than 30GB 4G data. We will be able to use data on Vi and Airtel quiet comfortably as load is going to reduce a lot in a years period. Anything over 3000 for 4G data for an year is absolutely not necessary. Let's see how Airtel reacts to customer churn in upcoming months.

Airtel 5G may be rolled out within 2–3 months of the spectrum auction.

It's not possible for Airtel to keep the data tariffs same for both 4G and 5G. Data tariffs will increase for 4G by the end of the year reaching 3499 for 3GB/day and 3999 with 3GB/day along with OTT bundled and it will be different for 5G. I believe data tariffs for 5G will be 10-15GB/day for 365days will be close to 5000.

It's not possible for Airtel to keep the data tariffs same for both 4G and 5G. Data tariffs will increase for 4G by the end of the year reaching 3499 for 3GB/day and 3999 with 3GB/day along with OTT bundled and it will be different for 5G. I believe data tariffs for 5G will be 10-15GB/day for 365days will be close to 5000.
intitially customer has to do 2 things to get 5g
1)upgrade to 5g handset
2) shift to pospaid plan of 499+

then enjoy 5g network( almost non cotinuos and patchy) with 4g tariff

second phase
buy router for rs10k and plan /prepaid tariff of monthly expense not less than 750 to create 5g wifi hotspot. again at 4g tariff.

4g tariff mean price per gb would be Rs 5-10/gb

Wow, you really think Sunil Mittal ji will be so generous to give that much data for Rs352+ ARPU (Rs352 * 12 months + 18% GST @ 5k Rs) ???
Airtel is no longer driver of Indian telecom industry. Mukesh Ambani will drive the prices and hence Mittal has to follow it. Yes, in postpaid segment, Mittal can have its say, but in prepaid segment Mukesh sir will have say in tariffs.

intitially customer has to do 2 things to get 5g
1)upgrade to 5g handset
2) shift to pospaid plan of 499+

then enjoy 5g network( almost non cotinuos and patchy) with 4g tariff
I am glad atleast you agree on this. 5G coverage will be spotty. Again you did not mention the operator. I believe you are talking about Airtel. I agree with it though(in case of Jio as well).

I don't see any take for postpaid plans for 5G tariffs. People will try out 5G on prepaid and then if satisfied then they will continue.

I am glad atleast you agree on this. 5G coverage will be spotty. Again you did not mention the operator. I believe you are talking about Airtel. I agree with it though(in case of Jio as well).

I don't see any take for postpaid plans for 5G tariffs. People will try out 5G on prepaid and then if satisfied then they will continue.
yes airtel and jio will have spotty and patchy network.
i didnt said postpaid 5g plan.

it mean 5G network ARPU should in rabge of rs500 for mostly important person, yes guess is right ARPUtel(airtel), and secondly jio to hold 500million subscriber with ROI for FDI
and of course vi to earn free cash flow , i mean really free, vi may not patriciate in auction anr may ask for sharing with airtel, or could start 5g in band 41,

The only way telco cann archive loyal and high paying, premium handset holder onto network is Enabling 5G services only on existing (4g) postpaid plan of rental399/499 and no telco will come up with stupid idea of 5G tariff on postpaid/prepaid.

@Esmail what is your thought on prepay od dues and 5G tariff

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock