Air India announces merger with Vistara by 2024

Vistara plans to increase its fleet size and employee count, its top HR executive told, "trying to allay fears about potential layoffs tied to its merger with Air India".

Air India, owned by the Tata group, will discontinue the Vistara brand on completion of its merger with Tata SIA Airlines Ltd, the operator of Vistara airline, chief executive and managing director Campbell Wilson said.

Tata Sons owned Air India has approached anti-trust regulator Competition Commission of India for a merger of full service airline Vistara. While Tata Sons holds 51% in Vistara, the remaining 49% is owned by Singapore Airlines (SIA).
After the merger, SIA will be holding a minority stake of 25.1% stake in the entity.
The merger of Air India and Vistara will help the Tata Group in streamlining the whole exercise of operating air carrier in India, but it will also put Singapore Airlines on frontline in India.
Air India-Vistara merger flies into CCI turbulence. CCI has decided to review the merger of Air India and Vistara, which may potentially delay the process.

India’s Vistara airline has begun making plans to merge its staff into Air India, as the country’s industrial Tata family combines the two carriers to rebuild its aviation empire.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock