Discussion Ads on TV

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 73
  • Views: Views 11,727
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in love with these ads. Inayat Verma was a finalist in India’s Best Dramebaaz.

Source
Source

Somehow I am also reminded of this video. While not directly an ad per se, it shows how a promising young actor’s life was tragically cut short. Taruni Sachdev appeared in several ads like Rasna as well as some movies like Paa.

Source

Last edited:
Re: this thread. Discussion - Vodafone might exit India in three months

Some more ads are featured in this article that came later (2012). Vodafone Pug: Then, now, and forever - Social Samosa
Hutch is now Vodafone:

Source

Source

Happy to Help ads (IPL 1, 2008):

Source

All Hutch/Vodafone pug ads:

Source

I know that Hutch introduced the pug in 2003 and Vodafone (which was renamed from Hutch in 2007) inherited it. Later, to establish a new face for the company, combined with the fact that it was an IPL sponsor, it introduced the ZooZoos.
1057_200851_Print_inside_529x529.jpg
Hutch was renamed to Vodafone in 2007. Since the ad is not available in a large size, the full text is as follows:
Hutch is now Vodafone. For years you have come to expect good things from Hutch. And now that we are Vodafone, with over 200 million customers in 25 countries, we will bring in a host of exciting products, thoughtful services and relevant solutions. And as always we’ll do our best to live up to your expectations.

Vodafone/Hutch has the best advertising of any telecom company in India, between the Pug and the ZooZoos. On the other hand, the Airtel 4G girl can be downright irritating to some, and the What An Idea Sirji (and IIN ads) have not been up to the mark. Nothing can be said for Jio.

Last edited:
So once upon a time you used to love Airtel due to its ads.:LOL:
Yeah, that's the only reason. :rofl2: But now using it for mobile internet due to their Internet speed.

But I never liked TS ads much except that karaoke ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock