Aamir Khan sings in Anna's support at Ramlila

M@zh@R

Reaction score
zuk09s.jpg

Ramlila Maidan got its fair share of Bollywood dose finally on the twelfth day of Anna Hazare's protest fast. Actor Aamir Khan arrived at Ramlila Maidan with '3 id*ots' filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani. Khan looked dapper in a white shirt and was welcomed on stage with a thundering applause.

Khan said, "I am here to meet Annaji and give him a hug for the initiative he has taken."

Bollywood till now has only given a passive support to the Jan Lokpal issue. From tweets to participating in pro-Anna rallies in Mumbai, the Anna movement was yet to rub shoulders with the 'heroes'.

Khan said I support Anna with all my heart. "The Bill won't be passed in a day or two. it requires a lot of discussion and debate in Parliament," pointed Aamir.

Khan also appealed to Congress MP Priya Dutt to support the Jan Lokpal Bil.

Thousands of protestors were in for a treat as Aamir gave a heartfelt speech and even humoured the spectators with his singing. Khan sang the song 'Mitwa' from his own Oscar-nominated film 'Lagaan'.

Director Rajkumar Hirani also spoke at the stage and asserted the need for Anna Hazare, 74, to remain healthy.

(Follow IBNLive.com on Facebook and on Twitter for updates that you can share with your friends.)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock