Aadhaar (UIDAI) News & Updates

Wow, finally some fresh air. :)

I wrote several mails, tweets and made several phone calls to both my telecom provider and UIDAI asking them why should i provide my finger prints to some private telecom outlets, for Passport and for Aadhaar or even for banking we can trust the companies and system involved to protect our data and identity but how can a telecom outlet be given the task of collect critical customer data? :mad:

If-at-all they wanted an added security, then they can give this task to banks (even during demonetisation times i never visited a bank) or Aadhaar kendra where customers can visit and give a list of all their mobile numbers and add them to Aadhaar. Adding via OTP is the easiest and best. (y)

BTW Aadhaar too isnt without multiple messes, too many Aadhaar cards were issued with animals, trees, chairs and also Lord Hanuman..... for one person they simply copied all the details of the husband assuming their work becomes easy as both have same address and just included her name which entirely screwed her birth data and for another unmarried girl they put the fathers name as spouse and when they immediately reported this aadhaar kendra simply created a fresh application which simply got cancelled as duplicate and the same wrong data remains.

Later they had to provide age old school certificates for the senior citizen to correct the age (luckily Arasu cable staff accepted this age old fading and primitive high school document as proof and corrected the data) but the girl is still struggling to remove the spouse name.

How does linking aadhar via otp works from RMN,in my Family all our Aadhar have one common Number & how the process goes while linking rest of the numbers to aadhar.

Last edited:
Yesterday got my Dad & my primary nos Airtel Postpaid & Idea added to aadhar & my secondary no is jio got it via ekyc by affixing fingerprint.Finally While we tried to link my Dad's Vodafone No to aadhar there is a big queue with 30 people with tokens waiting ahead of us so we gave a port out immediately & gave it to Idea showroom on the way by affixing fingerprint ekyc details.So presently 4 nos of me & my dad got linked but my Brothers 2 & 2 other home nos yet to be done.Halfway through in this linking mobile aadhar work.

Last edited:
How does linking aadhar via otp works from RMN,in my Family all our Aadhar have one common Number & how the process goes while linking rest of the numbers to aadhar.
You will have to go into aadhaar kendra, they will OTP verify rest of the mobile numbers and change existing mobile number. You can't do it yourself. Do it soon, else in future it might give you troubles in verifying things.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock