5G support on Motorola smartphones in India

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 57
  • Views: Views 7,861
We will do a side by side speed test in the same location with a flagship and mid ranger and document the results post commercial launch 👍🏻
If your doesn't support 40C-n78 then how come you will get speeds as compared to flagships. Realme GT 2 Pro hitting 1.3-1.6Gbps at Borivali East and Thane Ashar IT Park. As far as I know snapdragon 778G has maximum speed capacity of 1000Mbps/1200Mbps.
Realme GT 2 Pro has 2000Mbps modem. Oppo Find X6 Pro already hitting 1.9Gbps on 80Mhz of n78 in UK with even better modem.
In US, A52 with snapdragon 750G is hitting only 200-300Mbps and S21 FE with snapdragon 888(flagship chipset) hitting 1.3Gbps on similar 140Mhz of bandwidth at same location. One Plus 10T crossing 1.5Gbps. All these phones don't even support mmWave. MmWave has crossed 4Gbps speeds. Google Pixel worst in network performance since last year due to Exynos processors. Same with European Galaxy S variants till this year compared to snapdragon variants.

Last edited:
If your doesn't support 40C-n78 then how come you will get speeds as compared to flagships.
Specs on paper are for ideal scenarios in test setups without impact from external factors. Real-world performance is a totally different ball game with a live and loaded network.

B it's Akash. He is not as ambitious as Mukesh bhai. So far.
Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times
so is some extent true for mukesh

and thus i am least expected to know Speed difference of jio SA vs airtel NSA

only matter is 100mbps speed on demand either 5G or True 5G or 5G plus or 4G plus or 4G LTE or random G minus
withlatency of maximum 60ms at any given location rural/urban, in building or top of mountain.

this is race for any operator in world.

It's not just about the modem it depends on the distance from the tower and physical obstruction as well. Where i get full network on 4G mode I barely get 1 bar on 5G indicating that the line of sight isn't very good. If I were to test next to the tower it would surely touch Gbps speeds. Once I get it activated on my number I'll test in multiple locations and share the results.
Isn't jio deployed n28 for 5g coverage or they using only n78?

Just like band 5 it won't cross 100Mbps anytime in the day. Its coverage band.
Even though my friends phone supported N28-N78, he never latched onto N28 and CA as well. So I believe some testing still going on. VoNR will take atleast an year.

As yours is midrange phone with X53 modem, speed is limited to this much. Flagships with X60/X65 modem are getting 1.2-1.3Gbps speeds.
If I were to test next to the tower it would surely touch Gbps speeds. Once I get it activated on my number I'll test in multiple locations and share the results.
That will take nearly two years. These kind of speeds are available in rural areas or outskirt areas only. On both, Airtel and Jio. In Mumbai, you will never get such speeds.
Snapdragon 778G is midrange chip with 1000Mbps modem, you can never achieve these speeds. 200-300Mbps on an average speeds.
@TheAndroidFreak So as promised, as soon as I got the Jio 5G welcome offer today, I activated it and took my phone next to a 5G BTS (in South Mumbai) and conducted the speed test. Sharing the results here, with the same phone that you had commented about. What do you have to say about it now?
NvqGL0s.png

Last edited:
@TheAndroidFreak So as promised, as soon as I got the Jio 5G welcome offer today, I activated it and took my phone next to a 5G BTS (in South Mumbai) and conducted the speed test. Sharing the results here, with the same phone that you had commented about. What do you have to say about it now?
NvqGL0s.png
Will give lesser speeds at peak times compared to S22U/iPhone 13 Pro Max/Moto Edge 30 Ultra for sure. Side by side. Hardly anyone latched onto tower. I am expecting 300-500Mbps real life speeds on your device as supposed to 700-900Mbps speeds on high end device. I have experienced this and that's why shared my thoughts. Huge difference between above devices and Nothing phone 1 I tested. Either backhaul is great or site is empty. For sure speed depends on modem. There must be some difference between X53 and X65 modem? Right. If X53 is giving same speeds as X65, then it doesn't make sense to get high end modem enabled phone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock