5G support on Motorola smartphones in India

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 57
  • Views: Views 7,865
I think for VoNR, we need to buy new 5G SIM card, which Jio may launch after completion of beta testing.

Tested Jio 5G on Moto Edge 30 in Mumbai. Didn't get it for my number yet, inserted my mom's sim in my phone, she had got the invite earlier today on her Realme phone. Not sure when they will start activating for Moto phones.
f4ye6bC.png

One speed test consumed over 1.25 GB of data 😅 I hope operators design 5G plans with sufficient data bundling.
10GB/day is must. Anything less than that will be stupid for 399 for 28 days.
As I said Esmail, FWA will be based in mmWave.

Where is VoNR in place of volte I thought jio use Standalone 5g including low latency 5g voice 🤔
Bro, TMobile started deploying 5G since 2018-2019. They just released VoNR for few devices few months back on 600Mhz. Do you expect Indian(And that too like Ambani) to deliver it to you so fast? We didn't even have spectrum few months back. Vendors are changed. So called in house stack for 5G is developed when Samsung+Ericsson+Nokia couldn't do it, do you expect Ambani can do it? And by the way, it's not Mukesh bhai who is running Jio currently, it's Akash. He is not as ambitious as Mukesh bhai. So far. That's why Jio fiber has limited presence since 2016. Even before 5G, we need fiber across all the country to have 5G successful. 4G+ is enough for most of the users along with more data caps. Backhaul is important, and that's what Jio should focus on.

Tested Jio 5G on Moto Edge 30 in Mumbai. Didn't get it for my number yet, inserted my mom's sim in my phone, she had got the invite earlier today on her Realme phone. Not sure when they will start activating for Moto phones.
f4ye6bC.png

One speed test consumed over 1.25 GB of data 😅 I hope operators design 5G plans with sufficient data bundling.
As yours is midrange phone with X53 modem, speed is limited to this much. Flagships with X60/X65 modem are getting 1.2-1.3Gbps speeds.

As yours is midrange phone with X53 modem, speed is limited to this much. Flagships with X60/X65 modem are getting 1.2-1.3Gbps speeds.
It's not just about the modem it depends on the distance from the tower and physical obstruction as well. Where i get full network on 4G mode I barely get 1 bar on 5G indicating that the line of sight isn't very good. If I were to test next to the tower it would surely touch Gbps speeds. Once I get it activated on my number I'll test in multiple locations and share the results.

If I were to test next to the tower it would surely touch Gbps speeds.
That will take nearly two years. These kind of speeds are available in rural areas or outskirt areas only. On both, Airtel and Jio. In Mumbai, you will never get such speeds. Just a little better latency than Airtel because of SA network. But speeds will be quiet low once everybody starts using 5G(even when 40C 40Mhz started utilized for 5G). With Jio it will happen quiet faster through DSS mode.

It's not just about the modem it depends on the distance from the tower and physical obstruction as well. Where i get full network on 4G mode I barely get 1 bar on 5G indicating that the line of sight isn't very good. If I were to test next to the tower it would surely touch Gbps speeds. Once I get it activated on my number I'll test in multiple locations and share the results.
Modem plays important part in the speeds. That's for sure. Snapdragon 778G is midrange chip with 1000Mbps modem, you can never achieve these speeds. 200-300Mbps on an average speeds.

That will take nearly two years. These kind of speeds are available in rural areas or outskirt areas only. On both, Airtel and Jio. In Mumbai, you will never get such speeds. Just a little better latency than Airtel because of SA network. But speeds will be quiet low once everybody starts using 5G(even when 40C 40Mhz started utilized for 5G). With Jio it will happen quiet faster through DSS mode.
I mentioned about the current scenario only with limited users and being close to the tower. When the network gets fully loaded even I know I won't get above 100 Mbps, neither will the flagships with superior chipsets.

I mentioned about the current scenario only with limited users and being close to the tower. When the network gets fully loaded even I know I won't get above 100 Mbps, neither will the flagships with superior chipsets.
Flagships will get surely. 200Mbps+ speed with 40C-N78 combination.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock