5G support on Motorola smartphones in India

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 57
  • Views: Views 7,859
I remember there was something called network mode in OnePlus, when set to default, it was not able to latch on to Airtel 5G. It worked after changing it to "both SA and NSA" option
I don't see any such option with Moto. Both SA and NSA are enabled by default. The only explanation for Airtel users not getting the 5G network after the OTA is that even though they are in a 5G city, the towers close to their house may not have been upgraded to 5G yet. The network coverage is rather patchy across the city, once they move about with the phone they may latch on to it intermittently.

Yes I got it today, but who knows when Jio will send the 5G invite message.
Though I'm at least able to see the 5G option in network settings which was missing since the time of purchase.
WOfhXRM.png

WLDL4KN.png
Don't be so excited. 5G is nowhere close to what's its actually like. Even though its more than sufficient. At Malad, speeds on Airtel are just close to 300-500Mbps on Airtel on ultra. Same phone Jio internal testing gives 700-800Mbps(as Jio is not loaded yet). Oppo Reno 8 Pro same speeds. Sometimes it have clocked to 1.2Gbps on different combination. So expect 200Mbps cap on Jio network. Only corporate plans will be aggressive from Jio. Airtel will copy once they roll out the network. Tariff hike is for sure around the corner. But I genuinely believe Jio should wait for six months and then tariff is carried out so that it takes all the customers from BSNL and Vi and rollout 5G as fast as possible on all possible bands. 4G/4G+ is what India needs coupled with aggressive fiber rollout which Jio is doing actually. At 500, 100Mbps unlimited plan is sufficient in my opinion for PAN India. Half of the load on Jio network will come down and it will be sufficient for most people. Jio has understood this and started rollout of fiber excessively. I believe by next three years, we will have atleast 30-40L Kms of fiber. Airtel will perform good too due to less load and it will hold most of the corporate postpaid plans and will be able to deploy newly bought spectrum in next six months. Hoping to see 4CA from Airtel and 2G shut down at the end of Financial year 2024. Jio will have 3CA NR-LTE stable network. Vi finished almost. It remains to be seen how fast they shut down 3G PAN India and remove caps on their speeds.

Last edited:
I don't see any such option with Moto. Both SA and NSA are enabled by default. The only explanation for Airtel users not getting the 5G network after the OTA is that even though they are in a 5G city, the towers close to their house may not have been upgraded to 5G yet. The network coverage is rather patchy across the city, once they move about with the phone they may latch on to it intermittently.
at the same place, Oneplus is able to get 5G but Moto Edge 30 isnt. I think there is something more at play here. May be from Airtel's side?

Airtel 5G is crap here at my place. 4G+ is giving better speeds, although still unstable. Will test it out at different places. I've heard people getting 700mbps in nearby colony. Waiting for Jio to launch 5G soon

Airtel 5G is giving 112Mbps speed inside office on oneplus 8 pro...(Doddanekkundi, Bangalore). I felt it is too less compared to our expectation on 5G. 😀

Airtel 5G is giving 112Mbps speed inside office on oneplus 8 pro...(Doddanekkundi, Bangalore). I felt it is too less compared to our expectation on 5G. 😀
It will probably stabilize at 60 to 70 Mbps after the network gets fully loaded. Right now hardly any users are connected to the 5G network. The Gbps speeds are just a marketing gimmick meant to be an eyewash for luring users to upgrade their service. Such speeds are deliverable only in test set-up.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock