• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 57
  • Views: Views 7,876

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Motorola 5G smartphones in India, across categories, have hardware support for 11 to 13 5G bands including all 8 Sub 6 GHz 5G bands that have been announced in India. We have already started the roll-out of OTA software updates for enabling 5G across both SA (Reliance Jio) and NSA (Airtel & Vi) 5G modes, simultaneously on Motorola devices, enabling consumers to experience seamless 5G across operators. Our updates on the recently launched Motorola edge 30 ultra and edge 30 fusion have already been rolled out and other Motorola 5G devices will be receiving the updates in subsequent weeks, targeting completion by the first week of November 2022,” said Mr. Prashanth Mani, Executive Director, Motorola Asia Pacific in a press note.

svI7Pfk.png

Source: These Motorola smartphones will get 5G-enabling update in India by early November

5G update is rolling out to Edge 30
Yes I got it today, but who knows when Jio will send the 5G invite message.
Though I'm at least able to see the 5G option in network settings which was missing since the time of purchase.
WOfhXRM.png

WLDL4KN.png

Yes I got it today, but who knows when Jio will send the 5G invite message.
Though I'm at least able to see the 5G option in network settings which was missing since the time of purchase.
WOfhXRM.png

WLDL4KN.png
Some users on Airtel are complaining that they are not getting 5G even after the update. Airtel's app is also showing that phone isnt compatible. Is there any additional setting apart from selecting the network type that needs to be enabled here?

I remember there was something called network mode in OnePlus, when set to default, it was not able to latch on to Airtel 5G. It worked after changing it to "both SA and NSA" option

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock