Sad News 10 Xiaomi Devices that will No longer Receive any MIUI Update

• Thread starter Abhinav
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 4,822
Redmi 3S Prime, purchased on 31-Aug-2016, haven't been receiving any updates since this thread was posted. It is running MIUI 10.2.2.0 on Android 6 Marshmallow. Android Security Patch is April'2017.

A 3GB/32GB phone with 128GB SD Card and 4100 mAh battery, this device still runs strong and can be used for all purposes. I wish it got Android Pie update, but too much to expect I think. The phone is only 3 years old now.
diBKKHH.jpg

Last edited:
Just now came across this thread.. surprising to see that Redmi Note 4 is on the list and yet i received MIUI11 few weeks ago... 🙄

I got MIUI11 update on Redmi 6. They had changed their mind and I had posted on it earlier here.
Good news for Redmi 6 series users.
Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A users in India have reportedly started receiving the MIUI 10 update based on Android 9.0 Pie. The company, in April, revealed that it had suspended development of this update for the two phones. However, in June, the company changed its mind and announced that the two phones will indeed be upgraded to Android Pie.
Redmi 6, Redmi 6A Getting Android Pie-Based MIUI 10 Update in India

Redmi has been quite considerate. Getting MIUI11 on a phone as old as Redmi Note 4 is awesome. I sometimes regret not waiting for Note4 and going for 3S Prime in Aug'2016.

My device already stopped getting updates from last 2 years. Mi4i

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock