1.5GHz dual-core Sony LT29i Hayabusa expected in July

ssparikshya

Reaction score
Sony is rumoured to release an international version of its flagship mobile, the Japan-only Xperia GX, codenamed the LT29i Hayabusa.

We last heard of a Sony Hayabusa back in January, when a 2012 mobile roadmap was leaked by Sony India. The Hayabusa, due in July, had a pricing of Rs. 31,990, second only to the device codenamed Atlas, due in September, for Rs. 36,500.

The LT29i Hayabusa and Xperia GX are thought to have very similar specifications, except that the former is expected to bear a slightly smaller HD display at 4.55-inches (compared to the latter’s 4.6-inch HD display, though of course, they could be the same size – with the GX’s specs sheet rounded off), and a larger 2,220 mAh battery, compared to the GX’s announced 1,700 mAh powerhouse.

Common specifications expected include the 1.5GHz dual-core processor and Adreno 320 GPU (on the MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset), 1GB of RAM, a 13.2MP autofocus camera with 1080p HD video and HDR capabilities, Android 4.0 ICS, HDMI out, DLNA, and USB-on-the-Go.

The release of the Hayabusa is likely to heat up the dual-core market, and by then, with the Tapioca, Sony looks to have an Android device in every price segment, with the Atlas in September presumably providing the quad-core horsepower.

Sony%20LT29i%20Hayabusa%20-%20522.jpg

Sony Xperia GX
Source: Planet Insane

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock