Zimbabwe tri-series 2016 -- Score & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Srilanka tour of Zimbabwe , 2016 -- Score & updates

West Indies drop Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin for Zimbabwe ODI tri-series

All-rounder Kieron Pollard and wicketkeeper-batsman Denesh Ramdin have been dropped from the 15-man West Indies squad for next month’s ODI tri-series in Zimbabwe. According to ESPNcricinfo, Pollard and Ramdin’s axing came following their poor performances in the recently-concluded limited-overs series against Pakistan in the UAE. Pollard scored just 43 runs in the three T20s, and bowled two wicketless overs. In ODIs, he managed mere 42 runs at an average of 14.00 and took just one wicket in the 12 overs he bowled across the three matches. Meanwhile, Ramdin, who was recalled to the ODI squad, notched up 79 runs at an average of 26.33 in the three ODIs.

The Caribbean side have now brought in batsman Shai Hope and all-rounder Rovman Powell as their replacement, which are the only changes in the squad that completed a three-match series whitewash against Pakistan earlier this month. Hope, who has made six Test appearances since May 2015 scoring 171 runs at an average of 15.54, is still uncapped in limited-overs cricket.

In contrast, Powell was named in the T20 squad for the UAE series, but his only match on the tour was the practice T20 game against the Emirates Cricket Board XI where he scored 38 and bowled two overs for 14 runs. The ODI tri-series, which also features Sri Lanka, will kick start from November 16 in Harare.

The West Indies ODI squad for tri-series is as follows: Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Jonathan Carter, Johnson Charles, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder (captain), Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Sunil Narine, Ashley Nurse, Rovman Powell, Marlon Samuels.

West Indies drop Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin for Zimbabwe ODI tri-series - India.com

Thanks Rahul bro for latest update :clap

Sri Lanka Omit Dinesh Chandimal From Test Squad for Zimbabwe Tour

Sri Lanka omitted vice captain Dinesh Chandimal from a 15-member squad and brought in three uncapped players for a two-Test tour of Zimbabwe next week. Sri Lanka Cricket said Chandimal was yet to recover from a thumb injury he sustained during a domestic match last month.

The three new faces in the squad are fast bowlers Kasun Madushanka and Lahiru Kumara and the allrounder Asela Gunaratne. The first Test begins on October 29 in Harare while the second is scheduled from November 6 at the same venue.

The Test squad: Angelo Mathews (capt), Dimuth Karunaratne, Kaushal Silva, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya Silva, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Lakshan Sandakan, Suranga Lakmal, Niroshan Dikwella, Kasun Madushanka, Lahiru Kumara, Lahiru Gamage and Asela Gunaratne.

Sri Lanka Omit Dinesh Chandimal From Test Squad for Zimbabwe Tour - India.com

Finally sri lanka team announced

Mathews injured, Herath set for late captaincy debut

Seventeen years after making his Test debut, Rangana Herath is set to captain Sri Lanka for the first time
Left-arm spinner Rangana Herath is set to become the oldest player to lead a Test team for the first time since Somachandra de Silva in 1983, after he was named captain of Sri Lanka for the tour of Zimbabwe because Angelo Mathews is injured.

Sri Lanka's regular vice-captain, Dinesh Chandimal, was also unavailable for the two-Test series because of a thumb injury sustained during a domestic game, for which he had to have surgery. Herath, 38, will be only the second bowler to lead Sri Lanka in Tests, after de Silva.

Mathews had torn his calf during the fourth ODI against Australia in August and had not recovered sufficiently, despite being named in the original squad for the tour of Zimbabwe on October 21. He is expected to be out of action for three weeks and is doubtful for the tri-series in Zimbabwe, also involving West Indies, that follows the Tests. No replacement was named yet for Mathews.

Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews injured, Rangana Herath set for late captaincy debut | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Reactions: Omi

Mathews withdrew from Zimbabwe tour to be fit for South Africa

Angelo Mathews, Sri Lanka's regular captain, revealed that he opted out of the upcoming Zimbabwe tour to recover in time for the South Africa series that is scheduled for mid-December.

Following an MRI scan that divulged leg injuries and on consultation with a panel of medical experts, Mathews made the decision after he was named in the original squad for Zimbabwe. Rangana Herath will lead the Test side for the two-match series in his absence. The two sides last met in whites in May 2004 in Bulawayo.

"I had about one-and-a-half months to recover and I was preparing myself to be ready for the Zimbabwe tour," Mathews said on Tuesday (October 25), who is touted to miss the following tri-series that follows the Tests, including West Indies as well. "Unfortunately there has been a setback."

Mathews also had to miss a One-Day International and two Twenty20 Internationals against Australia in August following a calf tear.

"We did an MRI scan which revealed that I had multiple injuries on the same leg. I had to pull out after the expert medical panel advised me and [told] SLC not to send me to Zimbabwe because it might jeopardise my chances of playing in South Africa.

"We are planning to take a closer look at why this is happening. I hope my injury doesn't take that long to heal. The doctors have advised rest, and the recovery can be earlier than that or more; we will have to play it by ear. I don't think it will surpass the South African tour," Mathews added.

Sri Lanka have almost a second-string team for the Zimbabwe series given a string of injuries that have hit the side; Dinesh Chandimal, Dhammika Prasad, Nuwan Pradeep and Dushmantha Chameera were all ruled out.

Sri Lanka will play the first Test against Zimbabwe in Harare on October 29, while the second is due to start on November 6.

Mathews withdrew from Zimbabwe tour to be fit for South Africa - Cricbuzz

Chatara, Panyangara unfit for Sri Lanka Tests

Zimbabwe quicks Tendai Chatara and Tinashe Panyangara are unfit, and hence have not been picked for the upcoming home Tests against Sri Lanka. Chris Mpofu, who last played a Test nearly five years ago, and uncapped seamer Carl Mumba were named in the 16-man squad. Another uncapped player - batsman
Tarisai Musakanda - was picked; both Mumba and Musakanda represented Zimbabwe A against Pakistan A earlier this month.

Senior batsman Vusi Sibanda still did not find a place in the Test squad, and spinner John Nyumbu was also dropped after he went wicketless in the second Test against New Zealand. Malcolm Waller returned to the Test side after scoring four straight half-centuries against Pakistan A in three 50-over and one first-class match.

Chatara had fractured his left leg last year and healed to play the ODIs and T20s againt India at home in June 2016. He was named for the two home New Zealand Tests after that but had to pull out because of an ankle injury he picked up in the warm-up game against New Zealanders. Panyangara, on the other hand, failed to recover from his lower-back injury. Michael Chinouya was recalled at the time to play New Zealand and continued to keep his place despite picking only three wickets in three innings against them.

Mumba, 21, who represents Rhinos in the domestic circuit, has played 16 first-class matches for 59 wickets at an impressive average of 17.37. Musakanda, another 21-year-old who plays for Rhinos, has 12 first-class matches to his name in which he has scored 607 runs at 27.59 and five fifties.

Zimbabwe's batting line-up looked more settled as Hamilton Masakadza returned after missing the second Test against New Zealand due to a back injury . But there was no place for Chamu Chibhabha, which meant it was not certain who would open with Tino Mawoyo.

Test squad Graeme Cremer (capt.), Tino Mawoyo, Hamilton Masakadza, Craig Ervine, Sean Williams, Regis Chakabva, Peter Moor, Donald Tiripano, Chris Mpofu, Taurai Muzarabani, Michael Chinouya, Brian Chari, Sikandar Raza, Malcolm Waller, Carl Mumba, Tarisai Musakanda.

Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016 : Chatara, Panyangara unfit for Sri Lanka Tests | Cricket News | Zimbabwe v Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

29 Oct - 02 Nov
1st Test -- ZIM Vs SL -- in Harare Sports Club, Harare , 1:30 PM IST

Sri Lanka have won the toss and have opted to bat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock