Yuvraj Singh set to launch his own clothing line

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Known as much for his cancer foundation YouWeCan as much as his 6 sixes in an over off Stuart Broad in the World T20 2007, Yuvraj Singh wears many hats.

The flamboyant cricketer on-and-off the field was a transformed man after his battle with cancer. To sustain his foundation now, he is set to launch a sportswear line.

"Raising funds for a charity is always hard. Since I myself am a shopaholic and clothes lover, I have spent a lot of time trying to understand the business. Today I value the clothes I wear more than when I didn't know what goes into making them. So I have decided to launch my own line," Yuvraj told India Today in an exclusive interview.

YUVRAJ, GAYLE COME TOGETHER FOR A CAUSE

Yuvraj will be launching a luxury line, designed by Shantanu and Nikhil, and a more pocket-friendly sportswear line on Saturday in Mumbai in the presence of some of the biggest sports stars from around the world walking the ramp. Cricket friends Chris Gayle and Dwayne Bravo have lent their support to the endeavour while the likes of former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia and poster-girl of Indian golf Sharmila Nicollet, will be part of it as well.

"Lots of people are coming together to support me. I'm delighted and very excited about the launch. We will try to give the best quality. This is not just for the sake of it. People should like them not just because they are indirectly helping a charity, but also because they like the clothes," Yuvraj added.

EDUCATION FOR CANCER-SURVIVOR KIDS

But the venture is not all play. At the heart of it is education of cancer-survivor kids.

"We noticed that parents spent all their money for the treatment of their kids. Cancer drugs are expensive. The average person doesn't have health insurance. So even though the fight was successful, they were left with no money for their kids' education. This line will support the education of the 25 kids under my foundation," he said.

Yuvraj Singh set to launch his own clothing line

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock