YouTube unveils revamped Material Design interface for desktop

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 1,769
Reaction score

YouTube has unveiled a new look for its desktop client that boasts of several Material Design features. The company has now started rolling out preview of the revamped site for its users. People can now opt-in to check out the new look.

YouTube claims the refreshed desktop design is clean and fresh as it no longer has visuals that can disturbs the browsing or watching experience. The idea, according to YouTube, is to bring the desktop viewing experience closer to its mobile counterpart that focuses more on displaying content up front. In this updated look, YouTube for desktop gets a dark theme turns your background dark throughout your entire YouTube experience. YouTube says it has been developed to cut down on glare and offer a more detailed video viewing experience. Users can toggle on or off the dark theme from the site at any point of time.

YouTube unveils revamped Material Design interface for desktop

I'm using this UI from first week of April
Now user can get this new UI by clicking this link: YouTube
Earlier it was possible by only sign in to YouTube
Screenshot of YouTube Material design dark theme running on Microsoft edge windows 10 (Date taken on: 19th April 2017)

Update: Google closed the new YouTube preview
I was able to get new design by sign in but not via youtube.com/new
20pyhow.png

I am still getting new look.. Via the code addition on chrome..

Bapun Raz said:
I am still getting new look.. Via the code addition on chrome..

May be Google closed preview for other browsers except chrome (above screenshot was taken in edge browser). 
I'm getting new look via signing into YouTube in edge browser and I checked preview (youtube.com/new) working in chrome.

sumitroy said:
May be Google closed preview for other browsers except chrome (above screenshot was taken in edge browser). 
I'm getting new look via signing into YouTube in edge browser and I checked preview (youtube.com/new) working in chrome.

Could be, also i got the new android interface. May be because i am enrolled to new web interface.

Link Removed

I am also back to old interface now. :(

I'm getting new interface in chrome

Sarkar said:
New interface still not compatible with Magic action extension

Yes. Magic ations is needed else I won't change to new look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom