Breaking YouTube has been deactivated on the Fire TV before schedule date 1st jan 2018.

abhi1276

Reaction score
Amazon has deactivated the YouTube app on the company’s Fire TV sticks four days ahead of schedule. According to FastCompany, Amazon pulled a “you can’t fire me, I quit!” Instead of opening the app, clicking the YouTube icon on a Fire TV now redirects users to a built-in internet browser, which people can theoretically use to access YouTube via the standard web portal.
YouTube has been deactivated on the Fire TV, but Amazon already has a fix

B
Amazon showing message use YouTube now on web browser. It's working fine
But there is a huge difference between web app and dedicated app.. Slowly Google might discontinue web support..

Amazon has intentionally getting into the troubles by not supporting Google...

Let's see..Who wins this battle.

Can cast from Phone just like the app. Thought that might have to type out everything from remote in browser version.

you can go to YouTube on TV (youtube.com/tv) from browser to get youtube TV UI on the browser

How is the video playback looks like? does it have full screen with the web view?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock