• Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,440

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Xiaomi-Redmi-3s-Prime_fonearena-01-1024x702.jpg

Xiaomi has launched Redmi 3+, a new variant of the Redmi 3S that will be available exclusively offline. Expect 3GB of RAM on the Redmi 3S Prime, this has 2GB of RAM, other specifications are similar, including a 5-inch HD display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC, 6.0 (Marshmallow), 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 4100mAh battery and a fingerprint sensor on the back.

Xiaomi Redmi 3S+ specifications

5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
MIUI based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
Fingerprint sensor (Redmi 3S Prime), Infrared sensor
4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus comes in Dark grey, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 9,499. It is costly compared to the Redmi 3S Prime which has more RAM since this is being sold through offline channels.  It is available across more than 7,500 retailers from today, October 1st. It will also be available across key Large Format Retailers such as Poorvika, Sangeetha, BIG C, and LOT mobiles via Xiaomi’s distributors – Redington, Innocomm and Just Buy Live.

Xiaomi Redmi 3S+ with 5-inch display, fingerprint sensor, 4G VoLTE launched for Rs. 9499

I'm not sure why they reduced ram on this device! 3GB is essential for Xiaomi device. And they are providing it on redmi 3s prime for 9k. God knows their strategies.

ilikered said:
I'm not sure why they reduced ram on this device! 3GB is essential for Xiaomi device. And they are providing it on redmi 3s prime for 9k. God knows their strategies.

That's bcoz offline reseller/distributor's share of profit is included in this product where as in Redmi 3S prime there is no profit sharing and everything goes to Xiaomi  ;)

Sarkar said:
That's bcoz offline reseller/distributor's share of profit is included in this product where as in Redmi 3S prime there is no profit sharing and everything goes to Xiaomi  ;)
You mean online sellers don't get any profit when they sell a Xiaomi device.

ilikered said:
You mean online sellers don't get any profit when they sell a Xiaomi device.

No  :no

I mean in online sell(suppose amazon or flipkart) there are very few man in the middle(flipkart itself and the seller in flipkart) and is you bought from mi.com then there is just one party between manufacture and customer but in retail there are dozens. So if you bought something in retail offline store then profit of all these dozens of party adds up to the price of product :k

Still, I feel Xiaomi should have released a 3gb version at this price. Their model is simple, less margin and more sales. Same specs are available @7k from same brand. This device will mostly end up as a flop.

This helps us to understand why offline compaines like Samsung sells low specs phone at high price while online only companies selling high specs phone at lower price.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock