Good News Xiaomi is in advance talks with ISRO for NavIC support for its smartphones

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 1,091

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Chinese mobile manufacturer Xiaomi are in advanced stage of talks on the provision of chipsets that can support NavIC, the Indian version of Global Positioning System (GPS), an official said in Bengaluru on Wednesday. The Chinese smartphone maker is likely to emerge as the first company to use chips supporting NavIC. It is likely to use the NavIC-friendly chipset that is being manufactured by the US chip manufacturer Qualcomm.

The chipset is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1500 km from its boundary, which is its primary service area, the ISRO has stated earlier.

Xiaomi, ISRO in Advanced Talks Over Support for 'India's GPS' NavIC

I must say that we are handing over our own privacy here. Imagine the attacks of 26/11 where Headley came to India to check the places. Now we ourself are leaking out information to Chinese companies. I am not against any company but this is like opening the locker for the thief to steal your information.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock