WWE News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Gagan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 963
  • Views Views: Views 100,866
Alberto Del Rio Suffering From a Lower Back Injury, News on His Current WWE Status:

According to PWInsider.com, Alberto Del Riocan be added to the growing list of WWE names who are injured, as he’s dealing with some type of lower back injury.
Del Rio and Kalisto traded U.S. Title wins before Kalistofinally won the title back from Del Rio at the Royal Rumble PPV. Since then, Del Rio has not worked a match on Raw or Smackdown, and was not backstage at this week’s Smackdown tapings. Del Rio is being advertised for this weekend’s WWE live events in Chattanooga and Tupelo, and if he indeed works matches as advertised, that should be an indication the injury is not too serious and is one he might able to work through.

WWE Officials Reportedly Unhappy With The Rock’s Off-Script Raw Segment Involving Fans Dressed As WWE Legends:

During The Rock’s return segment on WWE Monday Night Raw this week, he legitimately went off script to show fans dressed as WWE legends at ringside. The fans were dressed as Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, Randy Savage, and The Rock.
As Kane vs. Bray Wyatt were in the ring, fans were noticeably distracted by these fans dressed up. WWE officials then decided to tell security to calm down the fans. Security took them out and then let them back in after telling them not to be disruptive. The fans complied and they went back to their seat. The Rock then came out for his return segment and then showed those same fans. Rock even went to them and started speaking to them. At this point WWE officials were backstage “freaking out” because of their previous troubles with the fans.
Since it was The Rock, he can basically do whatever he wants, but it’s being said if it was anyone other than Rock, or John Cena, they would likely have been fired.

John Cena and Nikki Bella Post Surgery Updates:

Real life couple John Cena and Nikki Bella, who are both recovering from injuries and surgery, posted the following updates on social media:

Max squat 2015=611lbs Max squat 2016=75lbs. Still can’t grab a regular bar but rebuilding every day #nevergiveup pic.twitter.com/hOwWp KPg9S
— John Cena (@JohnCena) January 30, 2016

Can’t wait to train again! It’s been way too long!! At least today I was able to walk around the house for a little bit. #stayfearless #fearlessnikki.

Brock Lesnar Return Teaser For Monday's WWE RAW

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman will be returning on Monday's WWE RAW in Birmingham, Alabama to respond to Lesnar being put into the Fastlane main event with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose.
With Lesnar confirmed to do battle with The Wyatt Family during WrestleMania 32 season, WWE mentioned Bray Wyatt in this teaser for Monday's RAW:
One night after The Wyatt Family eliminated Brock Lesnar from the Royal Rumble Match — essentially robbing The Beast of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship — The Authority announced that Lesnar will battle Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrosein a Triple Threat Match at WWE Fastlane. The winner of that bout will then go on to WrestleMania to challenge Triple H for the grandest prize in sports-entertainment.
Lesnar can't be in a good mood in the wake of his Royal Rumble Match defeat, and will be anxious to transform Birmingham, Ala., into Suplex City. But which Superstars will suffer his wrath: Bray Wyatt and his followers, The Beast's WWE Fastlane opponents or both? No matter who crosses his path, Lesnar is bringing the pain to Raw.

New title match added to WWE Fastlane PPV on 2/21

WWE has announced that Kalisto will defend the WWE United States Championship against Alberto Del Rio at the upcoming Fastlane PPV on 2/21 in Cleveland, Ohio.
This would indicate that WWE has cleared Del Rio for a return to the ring following reports that he was working through an injury to his lower back last week.
WWE: United States Champion Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio

Bret Hart to undergo surgery to help battle prostate cancer

WWE Hall of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart posted the following on Instagramon Monday announcing that he was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and will undergo surgery.
"It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling ... Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.
My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I ... stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.
I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.
Most important of all, I hope can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten."

2/1 WWE Superstars tapings:
* Mark Henry & Jack Swagger def. The Ascension.
* Stardust def. Zack Ryder.

WWE Superstar Returns To Action From Injury

- Sin Cara returned to the ring at tonight's WWElive event in San Jose, California. He has been out of action with a shoulder injury suffered in his December 28th RAW match against Big E.
Cara teamed with WWE United States Champion Kalistoto defeat Los Matadores tonight.

WWE.com has confirmed that NXT Champion Finn Balorsuffered an ankle injury at last night’s live event in Nashville.
WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann commented on the injury and noted the following about the NXT Champion’s status for tonight’s event in Indianapolis:
“Finn Bálor suffered an ankle injury, and will be unable to compete tonight.”
Balor will be undergoing further evaluation on Monday and he Tweeted the following.
Balor competed against Samoa Joein the main event of last night’s live event, however it is unknown how and when the injury took place.
Why so serious? pic.twitter.com/1joGGy 2AU9
— Finn Bálor (@wwebalor)

Back
Top Bottom