• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 1,040

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
New Your Times buys the viral web-based word game Wordle.

New York Times Games have captivated solvers since the launch of The Crossword in 1942. Our experts create engaging word and visual games — in 2014 we introduced The Mini crossword, followed by Spelling Bee, Letter Boxed, Tiles and Vertex. Our games were played more than 500 million times in 2021, and in December, we reached one million Games subscriptions.

As The Times looks to entertain more solvers with puzzles every day — especially during these anxious times — we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve acquired Wordle, the stimulating and wildly popular daily word game that has become a cultural phenomenon. Wordle, which gives players six tries to guess a five-letter mystery word, will join New York Times Games’s portfolio of original, engaging puzzle games that delight and challenge solvers every day.

I noticed something when I searched for the word Wordle on Google. Google logo animated like the feature of the game.
tD7bt04.png
TZmU9iU.png

great idea to buy puzzle game which is simple yet interesting for publish company even people would eagerly use it daily. in India similar to wordle they made in indian language in kannada wordle but based on not wordle of wordalla and tweaked feature made it four letter word compared to wordle which is five letter word , they both master comp science students launched in jan have made 30 words for now developing as college is not that busy 30 words could be sustained for a while.

there is also seem to be tamil wordle and one beta hindi wordle but seem to be open project

hope other Indian indie game developers also take same interest and make similar game in indian languages which wil make people to learn new words of Indian languages fun puzzle games like wordle . otherwise even in other indian languages they just use random cross word for language or quiz type and fewer comic translation compared to Indians newspapers. regional indian language magazines might have more puzzles even they don't make that much efforts

Cool, so I got today's word (on 4th row/attempt), enjoyed it and found you can press the "today's word" button that toggles it to random and you get another word... Really lucked out on that one and got it in 3 tries. Cool tip is the keyboard displays letters in gray if they are not part of the word, that helps make the guessing more efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wordle 270 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So many choices... I wasn't half expecting that at east the 5th time I get it correct...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock