Wix site not displaying correctly on different resolutions? What are my options?

Sarviman

Reaction score
Hi guys, my very first query here!

I created a wix site for my profession, which I was planning to SEO to get more leads. But unfortunately, after almost finishing the site I noticed that the site scales different for different monitor sizes. I haven't even looked at the mobile version yet. My site is currently looking fine at 720p, but on 1080p or higher the elements are small. Or rather cramped together in the upper half of the screen space. I tried searching for how to fix this, to no avail. I'm not sure whether there is an auto-resizing option on Wix or whether I'll have to move to WordPress (which I've to first learn) and whether WordPress has that option, too.

I'm hoping someone here can help me out with some insight!

Cheers!

Solution
If you want a website to look same on various screen sizes or resolution, you might want to make the website to be fully responsive. But, Wix doesn't offer responsive themes/templates as of now. They do provide few responsive elements in their page builder but the whole page or site will not be responsive. Also if you use a non responsive element together with a responsive element, then the page will not be responsive. You should have some basic knowledge on HTML5, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap to make the wix site responsive. However, Wix do provide a mobile site along with the desktop version. So your site should look fine on mobile.

Wordpress offers responsive design. There are many free responsive themes available for your use. And...
If you want a website to look same on various screen sizes or resolution, you might want to make the website to be fully responsive. But, Wix doesn't offer responsive themes/templates as of now. They do provide few responsive elements in their page builder but the whole page or site will not be responsive. Also if you use a non responsive element together with a responsive element, then the page will not be responsive. You should have some basic knowledge on HTML5, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap to make the wix site responsive. However, Wix do provide a mobile site along with the desktop version. So your site should look fine on mobile.

Wordpress offers responsive design. There are many free responsive themes available for your use. And Wordpress also offer page builder and drag and drop design features, so it wont be a difficult task to use it. Some basic knowledge on wordpress and its editor should be enough.

Solution
You should have some basic knowledge on HTML5, CSS, jQuery and Bootstrap to make the wix site responsive

Thank you for your reply. The reason I want to stick with Wix is because i bought a year of hosting with them at a very nice price. I want to make the best of it.

I would love to learn this. But where and what should I be looking for?

If you are serious about learning them thoroughly, you can take up an online class in sites like udemy etc.

For casual learning, just enough to run a website or for your passion you can try some online tutorials. I suggest W3Schools Online Web Tutorials which is a very good arena to learn them from the scratch.

Also i like to suggest you with, JSFiddle - Code Playground where you can test your coding skills while learning them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock