Windows 10 is using your bandwidth to offer updates to others

• Thread starter Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 16
  • Views Views: Views 2,586
Tech Info said:
If it can be turned off than it's not an big issue.But It would have been better if it is turned off by default.The Worst part is it unknowingly it's the bandwidth of users if they are unaware of this Windows Update Delivery Optimization feature.

bro its just one image i shared... there are lot of privacy concerns in Windows 10 which may not be noticed by all... take a look at following image.. almost every setting that you see on the left side, in this section is turned ON by default.. MS can track what you write, how you write, your web searches, contacts, messages, calendar, account info, wifi passwords, and also using cortana they can record your speech and send any recording to their servers... complete breach of privacy... :wall:wall:wall

image.png

mmadhankumar said:
bro its just one image i shared... there are lot of privacy concerns in Windows 10 which may not be noticed by all... take a look at following image.. almost every setting that you see on the left side, in this section is turned ON by default.. MS can track what you write, how you write, your web searches, contacts, messages, calendar, account info, wifi passwords, and also using cortana they can record your speech and send any recording to their servers... complete breach of privacy... :wall:wall:wall
It's atrocious..:wall
If MS is not going address these issues than Windows 10 is going to become next vista But this time just because of their policies.
Meanwhile a spelling mistake in previous post corrected now..It's=Eats Lol i don't know how wrote that silly..

If microsoft doesn't collect data then how can they teach cortana to become your true personal assistant ? ;)

Without these data your PA Cortana will become PK :lol

mmadhankumar said:

image.png

Every company(like google, facebook, yahoo even Airtel also) do this .:s

Sarkar said:
If microsoft doesn't collect data then how can they teach cortana to become your true personal assistant ? ;)

Without these data your PA Cortana will become PK :lol
But they can also do so by giving the choice to customers about whether they would like to share data or not..I mean turning off these settings by default.It's shall be users choice not the Microsoft's..:no

by the way as per your reply it looks like your also against it..isn't it..??

Sarkar said:
Every company(like google, facebook, yahoo even Airtel also) do this .:s
Is this justifiable if they also do the same..??

Tech Info said:
But they can also do so by giving the choice to customers about whether they would like to share data or not..I mean turning off these settings by default.It's shall be users choice not the Microsoft's..:no

by the way as per your reply it looks like your also against it..isn't it..??

For ad revenue, collection of user data is required for targeted ads. So cannot complain as windows 10 is free upgrade which generally cost Rs 15,000. So yes I have no problem as long as I am getting it free :ohya

In my installation I choose express setting, have you tried custom and check whether these settings are on by default or not ?:huh

Sarkar said:
For ad revenue, collection of user data is required for targeted ads. So cannot complain as windows 10 is free upgrade which generally cost Rs 15,000. So yes I have no problem as long as I am getting it free :ohya

In my installation I choose express setting, have you tried custom and check whether these settings are on by default or not ?:huh
Yes but in windows 8 not in windows 10.
If you go through custom than it's your choice you can on/off..and i hope same is provided in 10 as well.

Back
Top Bottom