Discussion Will you buy a new phone from a manufacturer that doesn't bundle any accessories with the phone?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,348

Are you fine manufacturer not bundling accesories along with your new phone?

• Total voters

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
There has been rumours around that next iPhone will not come with a charger which according to me is kind of a deal breaker. Imagine moving from an Android to a iPhone. Paying extra for an charger on top of an expensive phone is kind of a deal breaker.

We can assume if one starts the trend. Than rest will follow. Take the current market for example. From 2007-2017 I must say most manufacturer from smaller ones like Intex to big ones like Samsung offered headphones. The Chinese manufacturer like Xiaomi entered the market. They didn't offer headphones to save cost I guess. Slowly, other manufacturer followed the trend.

Even now companies are kind of moodish when it comes to providing a back cover which I think is a must because it's a pain finding a compatible back cover when a new model launches. Sometime company here offers back covers on a ₹7k phone. Sometime it's missing even on a phone that cost ₹15k.

So, are you fine with manufacturer not bundling accesories with your next phone?

for my view companies atleast give headphone instead of back cover we can get as per our wish back cover in market or online but it's a hedache to find appropiate headphone with mobile and we go find headphone and bouvht headphone cheap quality which doesn't last long for save some bucks. i miss pre android era or early android era when they give headphone with mobile set and that headphone built qulity was good and it's last very long even my 8 year old nokia headphone still perfect running condition.

Imo, it will be useful for users who are frequently upgrading their phones i.e., every 6-9 months periods. But for most users who will be changing their handsets in 2-2.5 years there will be a huge disadvantage as by that time phones could have came with higher watt charging and people have to buy these which will be not ideal situation.

Also if companies want to really implement this, firstly all these companies should be apadting a single norm for each pricing segment be it in charger type and what wattage charger they are gonna recommend. Imo 30w which are recently coming are plenty enough for fast charging, if they are increasing this even more then battery life will decrease too.

No Problem for handsets which supports quick charge but normal charger in box
I purchased a quick charger and original one staying idle

yes Phone manufacturer should be flexible in Billing
dont want headphone ok discount ₹500
dont want Charger , Ok, Discount more ₹500

I am using this phone for more than 2 years. All accessories are working great. Still when I will buy a new phone, I will prefer new product. Like fast charger etc. Not getting accessories is good for those who change phone every 6-12 month. Not for person like me.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock