Seeking Help Will HD channels with Dolby audio be supported on smart TVs that doesn't support Dolby audio given that the DTH set up box has Dolby audio support?

• Thread starter Lurie
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 895

Lurie

Reaction score
As y'all know, I'm looking for a 55 inch UHD TV and probably I'd get one this week. I chanced upon LG's SM8100 which is available for very low price currently, but it doesn't support Dolby audio. I wish to know if I can be able to watch channels with Dolby audio like Zee cinema hd, and xplor hd? I'm gonna upgrade my Airtel set up box to hd one which supports Dolby audio. Thank you.

As y'all know, I'm looking for a 55 inch UHD TV and probably I'd get one this week. I chanced upon LG's SM8100 which is available for very low price currently, but it doesn't support Dolby audio. I wish to know if I can be able to watch channels with Dolby audio like Zee cinema hd, and xplor hd? I'm gonna upgrade my Airtel set up box to hd one which supports Dolby audio. Thank you.
You can't watch HD channels in DD or DD+ sound if your TV does'nt support DD or DD+.I have a MI TV 49 inch 4A Pro Tv,It does'nt support DD sound.When I had Dishtv and set the sound to DD.The audio used to be mute for those channels and if it set to Stereo then The Audio is to play.
Now I have TataSky HD connection even then none of DD or DD+ HD channels play audio in Dolby.It is auto switched to PCM/Stereo unlike dishtv.So I think irrespective the DTH the channels play DD or DD+ audio depending on the TV's compatibilty with Dolby Sound.
Choose your TV wisely if you want Dolby Sound.

You can't watch HD channels in DD or DD+ sound if your TV does'nt support DD or DD+.I have a MI TV 49 inch 4A Pro Tv,It does'nt support DD sound.When I had Dishtv and set the sound to DD.The audio used to be mute for those channels and if it set to Stereo then The Audio is to play.
Now I have TataSky HD connection even then none of DD or DD+ HD channels play audio in Dolby.It is auto switched to PCM/Stereo unlike dishtv.So I think irrespective the DTH the channels play DD or DD+ audio depending on the TV's compatibilty with Dolby Sound.
Choose your TV wisely if you want Dolby Sound.
thanks bro.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock