Discussion Which is the best podcast app?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 799

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am trying to find a good podcast app. I am using Castbox app but it is very laggy. And I don't like Spotify it doesn't have description about the contents after downloading.

Also does anyone know any site where we could download podcast in MP3 format. Since downloading podcast is legal. I would love to copy and listen on my non smart devices.

I am trying to find a good podcast app. I am using Castbox app but it is very laggy. And I don't like Spotify it doesn't have description about the contents after downloading.

Also does anyone know any site where we could download podcast in MP3 format. Since downloading podcast is legal. I would love to copy and listen on my non smart devices.
I'm using Castbox since a long time and I feel it's better than the other podcasts. Have you tried Google Podcasts?

I'm using Castbox since a long time and I feel it's better than the other podcasts. Have you tried Google Podcasts?
I am using it currently. But it forces to enable Google app so I hate it.

I am using it currently. But it forces to enable Google app so I hate it.
Oh fine. And about the mp3 download, most of the podcasts will have a website and you can download the episodes from there in mp3 format.

I am using Radio Public App. I use it mainly to listen Telugu audio stories. I do not listen English content.
There is a download option, but that is within the App, ie, you can listen the downloaded content offline from download folder.

So, all podcast I listen to wasn't available on all apps like Tune In and Spotify. It was only available on Google Podcast. But the problem with Google Podcast was downloading. It fails for me on couple of podcast. So found this website Podbay which downloads podcast as MP3s directly. No account required. We can even subscribe to podcast without an account.
Podbay

Oh fine. And about the mp3 download, most of the podcasts will have a website and you can download the episodes from there in mp3 format.
Most podcasts' website didn't allow MP3 download. But CastBox app did. I downloaded one episode of my favourite podcast in the app. It downloaded as an MP3 in the CastBox folder in the phone's memory. I could listen to the podcast using the music player app on my phone.

8CBPz2i.png

NWtKL5B.png

Most podcasts' website didn't allow MP3 download. But CastBox app did. I downloaded one episode of my favourite podcast in the app. It downloaded as an MP3 in the CastBox folder in the phone's memory. I could listen to the podcast using the music player app on my phone.

8CBPz2i.png

NWtKL5B.png
Yeah, I've copied few podcast episodes to my laptop. But, since you said you had pbl with Castbox I didn't mention it.

Yeah, I've copied few podcast episodes to my laptop. But, since you said you had pbl with Castbox I didn't mention it.
Oh! I found the UI not fluent as I use music streaming apps to normally stream music.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock