• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 1,210

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Nowadays we spend more times on our phones, laptops, PCs, e-readers, TVs or what not. From playing games to even reading newspapers to shopping groceries we do everything on our gadgets. As much as it is getting convenient to do everything at the ease of our fingertip. But it's getting concerning as we ended spending more time than we should on our screens. So let's discuss about this concerning topic.

1. On average what's your screen time?

2. Do you use any eye protecting apps on the device while using it?

3. Do you use any special blue filter glasses while using screens?

4. Do you prefer to stay away from screens hour prior to sleeping?

5. Are you monitoring your screentime? Which apps are you using to do same?

watch tv for 4 hrs if no matchday
mobile approx 2hrs.
other time listen stories in youtbe but without looking video approx for 2 hrs
Spotify for 2hrs

For me time spent infront of screen differs, sometimes it is very less while other times it may be average or somewhat more. Have full control over myself hence never fallen prey to addiction to mobile, tv etc. If i decide i need to do something then i device a strategy how to accomplish it and other times i just take it easy. Never felt strain in eyes even when i spent many hours infront of mobile or tv. Before i sleep i do watch content on YouTube or other apps and get a sound sleep after that bcoz it relaxes my mind :)

1. On average what's your screen time?
Approx 6 hours, sometimes even more than 1 screen together, trying to reduce it. It was double during online classes.

2. Do you use any eye protecting apps on the device while using it?
Yes, it's scheduled to turn on from late evenings to next day morning.

3. Do you use any special blue filter glasses while using screens?
I was thinking about it before finding out that they don't really make a difference and the hype is marketing gimmick not based on research and evidence

Source

4. Do you prefer to stay away from screens hour prior to sleeping?
No, I don't see any effect of it on my sleep. Blue light tends to interfere with sleep which I try to avoid using blue light filtering apps.

5. Are you monitoring your screentime? Which apps are you using to do same?
Nope, but if you are gonna monitor it then build in tools are enough like digital wellbeing don't get a third party app. I just track my sleep and physical activities.

Reducing eye strain is important, keep room slightly lit don't use screens in a dark room, take breaks and blink often. There is a popular 20-20-20 rule which every ophthalmologist recommends - Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.

1) My mobile screen on time was 16 hours during the lockdown.Then in the last 3 months somehow reduced 2 hours to 14 hours.I am trying to reduce it to 10 hours.I don't watch TV.

2. Sometimes.

3. Already have to wear power glasses.

4. No.

5.yes, Built-in Digital wellbing app.

I have a question to all
I Remove my power glasses when using the mobile phone for a long time at home. Do I need to use blue light filters glasses during those times ?

My today's screen time.
hI0yALQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock