OTF Exclusive What will be India's WC'19 Team?

Choose your WC'19 India Team

• Rayudu

• Kedar

• Dinesh Karthik

• Pandya

• Shankar

• Jadeja

• Shami

• Khaleel

• Pant

• Shubhman Gill

• K L Rahul

• Any other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rajesh 25 bro, all CAPS aren't allowed. Please edit your post.

respected brother how i get edited my post it has been removed within 5 minutes of my posting i want to edit it as i have selected with my best efforts .please where is my post so i get edited

respected brother how i get edited my post it has been removed within 5 minutes of my posting i want to edit it as i have selected with my best efforts .please where is my post so i get edited
Bro, contact staffs through 'Talk to team' and request getting your post back and then edit.

You go to the world cup in England with only 3 Frontline seamers, 1 out of Karthik/Rayudu/pant will miss out & 1 seamer will come. Most probably khaleel.
Bro, your logic is fine. But Shami (3rd seamer) will mostly warm the bench. So, there's less chance of 4th.
But if Hardik couldn't make it and 2nd choice Shankar fails to grab his opportunities, the composition will be different. Jadeja (if he fails) can make way for Krunal (can't be both making the cut) and Khaleel could sneak in.

Bro, your logic is fine. But Shami (3rd seamer) will mostly warm the bench. So, there's less chance of 4th.
But if Hardik couldn't make it and 2nd choice Shankar fails to grab his opportunities, the composition will be different. Jadeja (if he fails) can make way for Krunal (can't be both making the cut) and Khaleel could sneak in.

I beg to differ here bro.Reasons.

1) Shami will warm the bench cant agree bro, based on the conditions in England, even if he do based on his form, we need 4th seamers options.

2) Even in World cup 2011 in subcontinent, our squad has 4 seamers, most of the games we played with 3 seamers in matches, so English conditions only 2 Frontline seamers in playing 11 very unlikely.

3) In a global tournament like World Cup that too in England, we going with only 3 Frontline seamers in the squad highly impossible. We need to have options.

Even if we play with 2 seamers in matches 4 seamers is mandatory in the squad. Iam 99.9% sure we ll go in with 4 seamers in the squad.

Last edited:
I now feel Pant maybe the dark horse for a place in the world cup squad. He can triple as a Back up opener, Back up Wicket Keeper & a Back up middle order batsman.

Selectors might have missed the trick by not including him in the Newzealand Odi squad. Having said that am not against Subman Gills selection & am happy for him. But Feel Pant will give you multiple options.

Feel at some stage selectors might give chance for Pant in the upcoming series.

The reason why i dont like Dinesh Karthik in Odi squad leave alone world cup is he s well suited for quick run chases in last 5-10 overs & gud in T20 playing 11. If there comes a situation to come in at 30-35 th over & build an innings with pressure in the chase like Kedar s knock in last odi vs Australia & or setting up an total, i dont know how he fit in that situation.

In the upcoming matches if he plays a couple of knocks like that lead upto the World cup, i could be very well Happy for DK to be in the Squad.

Let him play such knocks & earn his place in the world cup squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock