WD To Focus On Personal Cloud Devices

Biswajit.HD

Reaction score
Western Digital (WD) will focus on its recently launched personal cloud devices, My Book Live and My Book Live Duo, in FY2012-13.

“With low bandwidth availability, cloud services might take some time to get popular in India. There are also security concerns, and the costs are immense, so we have come up with affordable personal cloud devices for consumers. We are sure that the devices will gain acceptance by the end of the current fiscal,” said Khwaja Saifuddin, Senior Sales Director, Western Digital.

My Book Live and My Book Live Duo are meant for shared storage for notebooks, tablets and smartphones. My Book Live is available in capacities ranging from 1TB-3TB; the prices range from Rs 10,799 for a 1TB device to Rs 17,499 for 3TB.

WD will launch the My Book Live Duo in the next quarter; the product adds RAID to the personal cloud concept and will give users the benefit of safe backup through real-time data mirroring.

The company is targeting working professionals (in the age group of 20-35 years) who own a smartphone or tablet, and families in tier-1 and -2 cities.

WD distributes its consumer products nationally through Global Infonet, and will increase its present 4,500 resellers by 1,000 in 2012.

“We will intensify our activities in Class A and B cities, and will be present in all LFRs and prominent retail outlets. We also have plans to double the strength of our sales team this year,” said Saifuddin.

The company has started a new initiative called the WDUniversity.com, a training portal to provide partners technical know-how to sell WD products.

To promote its cloud devices, the company will conduct 15-20 brand-building exercises, roadshows and Master Blaster drives. These activities will provide updates and basic technical knowledge of new products.

The company has strengthened its support team to further streamline its post-sales support, facilitate faster pick-and-drop, and improve the TAT.

source : CRN

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock