Seeking Help Want to get Jiofiber, but confused with Postpaid and Prepaid

• Thread starter Ss08
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 12,778

Ss08

Reaction score
I have You Broadband connection, but it has horrible reliability, so want to change my provider. My cousin who lives nearby has Jiofiber and it works great, so i have decided to go with Jiofiber. I am going with 599+GST 30 Mbps plan, postpaid, but I wanted to know what my bill amount would be. Would there be any unnecessary charges tacked on? I know Including GST the bill should be around 705. If there are any other charges then I might go with Prepaid only. Thank you in advance.

Solution
Go with postpaid if you will be using it whole year or regularly, you will get zero installation cost for router and stb if opted for. Remember once you opt for stb you cannot switch to non ott plans on postpaid. Bill will be an advance rental and not post month bill like in any other postpaid service and will be tariff plus gst. In prepaid you have to pay installation fees which is refundable but you can switch plans as and when required via a simple recharge. Hotstar’s super variant is on offer with jiofiber, ads and 1080p max.
Go with postpaid if you will be using it whole year or regularly, you will get zero installation cost for router and stb if opted for. Remember once you opt for stb you cannot switch to non ott plans on postpaid. Bill will be an advance rental and not post month bill like in any other postpaid service and will be tariff plus gst. In prepaid you have to pay installation fees which is refundable but you can switch plans as and when required via a simple recharge. Hotstar’s super variant is on offer with jiofiber, ads and 1080p max.
I’m on postpaid ott plan. I’m not getting hotstar super plan, I’m getting something Disney+hotstar jio plan

What exactly is the difference between super and Jio plans ? Have you noticed something?
Bro, as far as my knowledge
Disney + Hotstar JIO plan works only in 1 Device (i.e) Jio STB ONLY

Disney + Hotstar plan works in 2 Logged in Devices (Moviews,Sports,TV , Specials -All Content) including TV & Laptop.
With Max video resolution -1080p with Dolby 5.1. With ads in between.

Bt this these extra 200 packs doesn't contain prime right..?

Only Hotstar, zee5, sonyliv and sunnxt are mostly useful. All others are somewhat useless. Prime starts with 999 only.
Bro , Lionsgateplay is also with Good English movies available in the Regional Language as well. If you subscribe individually
SonyLiv premium given with this Rs.200 plan itself cost you Rs.299 (5 Logged in Devices allowed with Full HD 1080p Resolution).

I am using the same id on my phone and laptop.but it auto log out my earlier device
2Yqyih1.jpg

Last edited:
Bro, as far as my knowledge

Disney + Hotstar plan works in 2 Logged in Devices (Moviews,Sports,TV , Specials -All Content) including TV & Laptop.
With Max video resolution -1080p with Dolby 5.1. With ads in between.
That is not the case. We can use hotstar on 1 another device too in addition to jio stb.

https://t.jio/JioFiber_OTT_Info

My suggestion is to be prepaid you can choose 3month ya 6 month connection after that prepaid is best option lowest bill for prepaid is Rs 470 on the other hand same package postpaid 500 u can save Rs30 sometimes it may occur we have vacation out of station you don't want to recharge that prepaid have more benifit than postpaid...you can link hotstar voot prime video Netflix zee5 etc all apps to your jio set top box sometimes we have subscribed apps free from other sources like Flipkart recharge etc I can say all this bcse i have 18 months running jio prepaid.so prepaid is best option

I have postpaid connection with same plan 599 (399 + 200) + GST.

Here is screenshot from bill for reference:
2bZEVMU.jpg
I too have opted this same plan
Last year sept i have paid rs. 4275 something and i have not paid any amount till feb.. Suddenly I have been charge rs 180 saying billing cycle and late due fee... But i have opted for 6 month plan.. So according to that i have to pay this march only right???... This month I got rs. 706 bill....I so confused about this postpaid plan.. Can u explain??

I too have opted this same plan
Last year sept i have paid rs. 4275 something and i have not paid any amount till feb.. Suddenly I have been charge rs 180 saying billing cycle and late due fee... But i have opted for 6 month plan.. So according to that i have to pay this march only right???... This month I got rs. 706 bill....I so confused about this postpaid plan.. Can u explain??
I have the same issue. I have taken the connection on 25-12-2022 after paying Rs. 4275 and opted for 6M plan (Rs.599 + GST). Technically the cycle should end by 24-06-2023. Now I have got a bill of Rs. 825 for the month of June 2023 (payable by 10th July 2023). It is a postpaid plan. So do we have to pay before the next monthly cycle starts?

@Sandhiya Elangovan, what resolution did you get?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock