Discussion VoLTE of VoId (VI) is very pathetic

kanagadeepan

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
VoLte of VoId is very pathetic. My TN Idea number has VoLte, even before merger, but not in Roaming. After merger, I am getting VoLte in roaming circles with Idea as lead / Anchor operator like MP-CG and AP.

But in Maharashtra, (where Idea used to be number one for years, even till merger) VoLte is NOT at all working, reason being Voda as anchor operator there. This was during FEB-2020 and only after one year, I went there back (all thanks to Pandemic) . Again VoLte is NOT working in Maharashtra circle, even as latest as FEB-2021 :wall: .

So @iDJ even if you get VoLte activated on your VoId number (after too many circus performances), have very less faith on them, as VoLte will be a hit and miss in roaming circles.

Quality of VoLte calls is also not good. Even their 3G calls clarity is much better than VoLte calls. Coverage of 4G network is again the least among pvt players. So if calls are important for you, even during roaming, it is better to avoid having VoId as primary number, imho. If you get better speeds (not in my case), then they are OK for secondary or tertiary number.

VoLte of VoId is very pathetic. My TN Idea number has VoLte, even before merger, but not in Roaming. After merger, I am getting VoLte in roaming circles with Idea as lead / Anchor operator like MP-CG and AP.

But in Maharashtra, (where Idea used to be number one for years, even till merger) VoLte is NOT at all working, reason being Voda as anchor operator there. This was during FEB-2020 and only after one year, I went there back (all thanks to Pandemic) . Again VoLte is NOT working in Maharashtra circle, even as latest as FEB-2021 :wall: .

So @iDJ even if you get VoLte activated on your VoId number (after too many circus performances), have very less faith on them, as VoLte will be a hit and miss in roaming circles.

Quality of VoLte calls is also not good. Even their 3G calls clarity is much better than VoLte calls. Coverage of 4G network is again the least among pvt players. So if calls are important for you, even during roaming, it is better to avoid having VoId as primary number, imho. If you get better speeds (not in my case), then they are OK for secondary or tertiary number.
It's because ims is not integrated, with this how can they wish 1000rs per gb ? :rofl2:

It's because ims is not integrated, with this how can they wish 1000rs per gb ? :rofl2:
"If Wishes were Wings, Pigs would fly..." - Robert Jordan.

So even with possible duopoly by Jio and Airtel in future, the maximum tariff may be like Rs299/- 1GB/day for 28 days. Those Rs256 for 1GB is not at all coming, let alone Rs1000 per GB, imho.
@kanagadeepan don't throw your idea sim card because TN idea sims have highest ambr in india. Ambr is maximum speeds set up per sim on a network.
Yeah... That's why I recharged for Rs1499 thrice (UL calls 1.5GB/day for 365 days) on November 2019 (before tariff hike).

Even though their VoLte implementation is pathetic, their 4G speed is slightly better than Airtel and much much better than Jio in both Maharshtra and MP-CG circles. But it may also change now, due to the last spectrum auction. Especially the slight in-building coverage issues with Airtel will be gone for good, plus the extra 10MHz Band 40 will take care of the speed advantage as well. In coming days, Jio will be giving better speeds, at least for phones with 3CA.

So even with possible duopoly by Jio and Airtel in future, the maximum tariff may be like Rs299/- 1GB/day for 28 days. Those Rs256 for 1GB is not at all coming, let alone Rs1000 per GB, imho.

Yeah... That's why I recharged for Rs1499 thrice (UL calls 1.5GB/day for 365 days) on November 2019 (before tariff hike).

Even though their VoLte implementation is pathetic, their 4G speed is slightly better than Airtel and much much better than Jio in both Maharshtra and MP-CG circles. But it may also change now, due to the last spectrum auction. Especially the slight in-building coverage issues with Airtel will be gone for good, plus the extra 10MHz Band 40 will take care of the speed advantage as well. In coming days, Jio will be giving better speeds, at least for phones with 3CA.
But jio is disabling CA after adding new spectrum, B40 CA is disabled by jio after adding that new 10Mhz block. So there will be no B40 CA from jio which is the most popular combo supported by most phones.

Yes. But the most powerful 3CA combination is Band3 (10MHz) + Band5 (10MHz) + Band40 (20MHz). Looks like Jio is going to implement 20MHz of Band40 for initial 5G (till they buy 3.3GHz band soley for 5G). That's the only sane reason to disable Band40 CA, imho.

For people with Band40+Band40 CA enabled phones (which are most of them), Airtel will be a better choice, as they have minimum 30MHz Band40 Pan India.

Vi's Volte is just bad. I never experienced call drops in years. It started happening as Volte disappears in the middle of the call. Even call quality is so bad. The other party is not properly audible. Volte is supposed to enhance call quality. Here it's completely reverse. Without the presence of 3G. Your internet will remain disconnected when you call if you use
4G without Volte.

Swap sim with new Vi sim your Problem will get solved same here is MPCG after integration

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock