Vodafone Idea could lose 50-70 mn subscribers in 12 months; Jio to gain over half of telco’s users: Fitch

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Vodafone Idea (Vi) is expected to lose 50 million-70 million subscribers in the next 12 months, after losing about 155 million subscribers in the last nine quarters, Fitch Ratings said. It added that Jio could gain more than half of Vodafone Idea's subscriber losses, with the balance going to Airtel.

“We expect Bharti and Reliance Jio to increase their combined revenue market share to 80% (September 2020: around 74%) in the next 12-18 months,” Fitch Ratings said on Monday.

Source

Vodafone Idea (Vi) is expected to lose 50 million-70 million subscribers in the next 12 months, after losing about 155 million subscribers in the last nine quarters, Fitch Ratings said. It added that Jio could gain more than half of Vodafone Idea's subscriber losses, with the balance going to Airtel.

“We expect Bharti and Reliance Jio to increase their combined revenue market share to 80% (September 2020: around 74%) in the next 12-18 months,” Fitch Ratings said on Monday.

Source
If Airtel & Jio will not follow Vi's proposed tariff hike, then they will die earlier than expected.

If Airtel & Jio will not follow Vi's proposed tariff hike, then they will die earlier than expected.
I think customers nowadays strictly prefers quality over the pricing. So they won't die out.

I think customers nowadays strictly prefers quality over the pricing. So they won't die out.
After 1 or 1.5 years, they have 200 mn, can't fight with large players of 400 mn each.

In my home town Vi had shutdown 3g towers to provide strong 4g network but they forgot to switch off 2g tower and infact frequent drop fron 4g to 2g and its annoying and another big mistake is that they have switched off 4g Vodafone and providing idea 4g to both Subscribers.

In my home town Vi had shutdown 3g towers to provide strong 4g network but they forgot to switch off 2g tower and infact frequent drop fron 4g to 2g and its annoying and another big mistake is that they have switched off 4g Vodafone and providing idea 4g to both Subscribers.
Airtel did the same way back in almost all cities. They are just keeping 2g to support basic mobile users. But this is actually creating an unpleasant experience for 4G users, switch all of a sudden to 2G from 4G

Idea's network is very poor, within 3 months my second sim had to be returned to Airtel. I was thinking that the net speed would be good by becoming vi, but it did not happen, even if 4G + appears in the network, it runs slower than BSnl's 3G.

Vodafone is going really slow in improving the service, I have corporate connection and using with iPhone and it's really pathetic. No volte or vowifi, can't receive calls and always have to rush to balcony to hear the call. I'm using call forwarding to my Airtel number to avoid this nuisance. Similar story with data, never seen speed of even 1 Mbps on Vodafone in Hyderabad. I'm waiting for 90 days to get over so that I can switch to Airtel.

We use to had Vodafone tower near to my place which has been shutdown now.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock