{Video} Humiliated> Pak PM Nawaz Sharif speech interrupted in U.S by Baloch protestor

shawl_who

Reaction score
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wg8gx0ZXas :new :D

Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was on Friday heckled by a protester who demanded to free the restive Balochistan province where activists say army is engaged in abductions, torture and killings.

As Sharif began delivering his address at the US Institute of Peace, a prominent independent think-tank here, a protester raised slogans including "free Balochistan", "stop war crimes in Balochistan", besides calling him a "friend of (Osama) Bin Laden".

The man, identified as Ahmar Musti Khan of the Free Balochistan Campaign USA, was also holding a poster that read "Pakistan, China: Hands off Balochistan". He was taken out of the auditorium by the security forces following the incident that forced the visiting premier, Sharif, to pause briefly and then resume his address.

Related Read: India open to peace talks, rules out third party role in Kashmir: MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup

65-year-old Sharif, currently on his second bilateral visit to the US, yesterday met US President Barack Obama and held wide-ranging talks. The army has fought separatist Baloch militants on several occasions during much of Pakistan's existence.

Related Read: Cannot kill Taliban while inviting them to peace talks, says Pak PM Nawaz Sharif

The latest wave of insurgency was triggered after the Pakistan Army, under the direction of the then President General Parvez Musharraf, bombed and killed elderly Baloch tribal chief Nawab Akbar Bugti in 2006.

Pakistan says it is winning the battle against separatists in the restive southwestern province, but Baloch activists say abductions, torture and killings by the army are deepening hostility for the government. Ahead of Sharif's visit, Free Balochistan Campaign USA had said it will hold peaceful rallies outside the White House to protest against atrocities of the Pak Army in Balochistan.

In a statement, the group had said Pakistan's war crimes and crimes against humanity continue unabated in Balochistan.

Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif heckled during speech at US think-tank | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

U shud have argued on more facts @dreambox bro, rather than spillig out such venomous words.

I m only posting news, which is correct. And not posting what I think or what I would like to happen. :dodgy

RE: {Video} Humiliated> Pak PM Nawaz Sharif speech interrupted in U.S by Baloch pro...

I really like Mr Sharif's English :D:D It makes me laugh whole day :rofl:rofl

He should go to school to learn English when he will not be in power :lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock