• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,456
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Verizon is coming to India!

Reactions: iDJ
So Verizon is coming to India!

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. They have been only awarded (M)VNO license, no plans of actual entry seem to be announced. As it is, there are many MVNO licenses in India which are not being utilized probably for not being a viable business case. The telecom sector in India is unique in a sense that the network infrastructure operators like Airtel and Jio are themselves providing the services at very low prices. MVNOs probably do not have much room for negotiations to bring down the charges any further (the model they operate on in other countries). Verizon for now are quite possibly planning to use the license only to get better deals for their international roaming subscribers from countries like the USA and Canada. That is their cash cow anyway. Entry in the Indian telecom sector is not that easy unless one has very deep pockets like mota bhai does!

Last edited:
Verizon Fios is doing well in US and if they make investments like Jio by deploying fiber across the country then great. If it's just going to be another 4G telecom provider then Bye - Bye 😂 On a serious note, Verizon can hopefully be a good competitor to Jio which in the name of providing cheap data is not bothered about quality and just wants more numbers!!

Verizon Fios is doing well in US and if they make investments like Jio by deploying fiber across the country then great. If it's just going to be another 4G telecom provider then Bye - Bye 😂 On a serious note, Verizon can hopefully be a good competitor to Jio which in the name of providing cheap data is not bothered about quality and just wants more numbers!!
Let's see what happens after spectrum auction. I think after 6-7 months their speed will increase.

best of luck to verizon, hope they can survive and take the challenge since next 10-15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock