• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 12,054

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
V-Fiber: Airtel’s 100 Mbps fixed broadband service launched, free three-month trial for new user

NEW DELHI: Bharti Airtel said that it has deployed ‘V-Fiber’ technology to offer up to 100 Mbps of broadband speeds on its fixed broadband footprint in 87 cities. The offering is available in Chennai starting today and will be rolled out across Airtel’s national broadband network in the coming weeks.

The telco said that new fixed line customer will get unlimited three months trial offer.

‘V-Fiber’ is based on Vectorization , which is Europe’s No. 1 fixed broadband technology. Airtel is the first operator in India to deploy Vectorization.

“India is witnessing an explosive growth in data usage and a lot of in-home data consumption is happening over fixed broadband that offers consistent speeds. With ‘V-Fiber’ and our national optic fiber backbone, we are all set to offer a future ready network for tomorrow’s digitally connected homes,” Ajai Puri, Director – Operations, Bharti Airtel said in a statement.

“This solution, besides reducing our carbon footprint, offers a very quick and convenient upgrade to the customer. We are also delighted to launch our innovative myHome Rewards and unlimited free voice calling facility for our customers,” he added.

With ‘V-Fiber’, Airtel has brought fiber closer to homes by deploying additional capacity up to colonies and neighbourhoods and has also upgraded its local exchanges with equipment to handle fiber speeds.

‘V-Fiber’ will transform the home broadband for Airtel customers with consistently superfast data speeds and enable HD video streaming, heavy file downloads and uploads in a multi-device environment (over Wi-Fi). More importantly, there is no new wiring, drilling etc. required at an existing customer’s premises. One simply needs to upgrade to a new modem to experience ‘V-Fiber’ speeds.

Existing Airtel broadband customers can upgrade to ‘V-Fiber’ speeds with their current plan and get faster data speeds at no extra monthly cost.

“If they are not happy with the service within one month, Airtel will refund the modem charges and the amount will be adjusted in the next bill cycle,” the company said.

V-Fiber: Airtel’s 100 Mbps fixed broadband service launched, free three-month trial for new user | ET Telecom

Nice update Bapun sir, they have launched this service surely to compete with ACT broadband.

but airtel's plans will always be expensive :dodgy

anyways, jio has set the cat amongst d pigeons. :p

rahul1117kumar said:
yes bro, jio fiber also, I forget them. thanks

I think Airtel choose chennai as their deployment as Jio is giving free Jio Fiber Preview there, nice competition  :lol

Good days are coming, in form of high speed fibre net. Shawl bro is right, Airtel will be expensive but if they need to compete against Jio, then they will have to look into consideration about tarrif.

If you guys remember I applied to this plan almost 3 weeks ago, still no sign of installation.

I am waiting to get airtel broadband in my area in chennai for past 1 year..no feasibilty

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock