US warns Indian students of visa fraud rings

ssparikshya

Reaction score
WASHINGTON: US has cautioned Indian students, who are planning to come to America, to be alert to the existence of predatory visa fraud rings and fraudulent document vendors.

The statement gains significance in the wake of raid on yet another US university on the alleged charges of visa fraud.

"We caution them to be alert to the existence of these so-called predatory visa fraud rings and fraudulent document vendors," State Department spokesmanMark Toner told reporters at his daily news conference.

Toner said the US is looking into the issue of raid by federal authorities at University of Northern Virginia ( UNVA)).

"We are following the case closely, and we're in communication with the Government ofIndia officials on it," he said.

American Embassy in New Delhi has briefed theMinistry of External Affairs as well and the US Department of Homeland Security and the State Department have been in contact with the Indian Embassy here, he said.

"This is an investigation that's ongoing, so I'm limited in what I can give in terms of details. But it's important to note that a hundred thousand Indians are receiving a good education at certified US institutions each year, and we certainly welcome the contribution of Indianstudents wishing to study in theUnited States," Toner said.

toi

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock