(Update: Tender withdrawn) IRCTC plans to monetise railway user data

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 1,784
This organisation has no dignity. Have you seen how much ads and spam notifications are pushed by the official IRCTC app.
Also the User Experience is horrible to book Tickets on App/ Website for high demand Trains and Tatkal Timings. I am forced to use Adblocker during Booking for a Faster response. Indian Railway really needs to improv ticket booking experience for everyone.

Also the User Experience is horrible to book Tickets on App/ Website for high demand Trains and Tatkal Timings. I am forced to use Adblocker during Booking for a Faster response. Indian Railway really needs to improv ticket booking experience for everyone.
Tatkal system itself is rubbish. Why do I have to wait until 10 am to book tickets when we have to pay a premium price? IMO there should a super premium tatakal since special tatkal already exists which gives us confirmed tickets instantly without any cancellation at any time of the day a day prior to departure.

IRCTC denies of such plans of selling user's data.

This organisation has no dignity. Have you seen how much ads and spam notifications are pushed by the official IRCTC app.
First of all your ads are part of what you browse through internet and yes notification really sucks.

First of all your ads are part of what you browse through internet and yes notification really sucks.
First of all I didn't opted for any personalised ads. Second I installed the app knowing it contains ads based on Play Store's description. But spammy notification is not something I signed up for.

Last edited:
IRCTC denies of such plans of selling user's data.
Note that IRCTC has not yet made any official comment on the matter.

That article is based on an unnamed official who just said to ANI that consultants were being hired to improve existing businesses and advise on new business lines which can be adopted by IRCTC and Indian Railways in near future.

This statement is very vague and does not assure that our personal information won't be used for monetization by them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock