Unlimited 5G Data Offer for Airtel 5G users using the Airtel Thanks app

naviin0489

Reaction score
Does Any one get this offer on My airtel app

tnov6PD.jpg

At last Airtel has figured out what is happening in Jio's welcome offer. Jio's welcome offer though looks like a FREE offer, it really encourages low ARPU customers (like secondary SIM users) to go for higher denomination or long validity recharges. Even though, it allowed heavy usage on their 5G network, this made their 4G network condition to improve drastically. Even though some may experience bad speed in poor coverage areas of 5G, they will never care as they think it is FREE. Jio will use this data to find the areas to improve coverage and capacity. So it is a win-win game for Jio, which Airtel understand just now and want to play it their way like giving offer to only few people.

Coming to Airtel, Avoiding Rs1799 plan is their way of denying service to low ARPU users. I have recharged with that plan for 2 years (maximum allowed I guess in Airtel). But, I don't care. Airtel's 5G coverage is like BSNL's 4G coverage. It's there, but nobody knows where. In Nagpur, Jio 5G was available almost everywhere, may be except 2 streets (from my personal experience), whereas Airtel 5G I have seen in one or two places only. Airtel just launched 5G, just to protect its high ARPU customer base from jumping to Jio.

But with unlimited 5G from both 5G operators, this will prove to be a very big issue for VoId. The next level of problem will come to VoId when Jio launches Vo5G.

Last edited:
At last Airtel has figured out what is happening in Jio's welcome offer. Jio's welcome offer though looks like a FREE offer, it really encourages low ARPU customers (like secondary SIM users) to go for higher denomination or long validity recharges. Even though, it allowed heavy usage on their 5G network, this made their 4G network condition to improve drastically. Even though some may experience bad speed in poor coverage areas of 5G, they will never care as they think it is FREE. Jio will use this data to find the areas to improve coverage and capacity. So it is a win-win game for Jio, which Airtel understand just now and want to play it their way like giving offer to only few people.

Coming to Airtel, Avoiding Rs1799 plan is their way of denying service to low ARPU users. I have recharged with that plan for 2 years (maximum allowed I guess in Airtel). But, I don't care. Airtel's 5G coverage is like BSNL's 4G coverage. It's there, but nobody knows where. In Nagpur, Jio 5G was available almost everywhere, may be except 2 streets (from my personal experience), whereas Airtel 5G I have seen in one or two places only. Airtel just launched 5G, just to protect its high ARPU customer base from jumping to Jio.

But with unlimited 5G from both 5G operators, this will prove to be a very big issue for VoId. The next level of problem will come to VoId when Jio launches Vo5G.
Will take lot of time for Vo5G as handsets are not compatible. Also, deployment of n28 is quiet slow.

Proper Vo5G is already active on Jio network from day 1. Pixel 6, 6a, 7, 7 Pro users need to root and add a line to carrier file and it enables proper Vo5G support. It is evident when you force Pixels to NR mode only and calls go through without 5G symbol changing to LTE.

iPhones too make Vo5G calls but its random and I haven't yet found a way to reliably make 5G calls all the time on an iPhone.

Why I desperately want Vo5G calling ? Because current LTE fallback to make a call causes a lot of missed calls, my number being unavailable/out of coverage area for calling party.

Airtel's Vo5G is 2-3 years away. Vi's 5G is nowhere to be seen.

PS: You still get 330 days of unlimited 5G pack added automatically if you recharge with 1599 (24GB) plan on Jio. Make sure you activate it immediately and not keep it queued. (Because Jio's policies can change anytime and they might copy Airtel's 1799 policy)
So Airtel still remains an inferior network on all 3 main parameters: Cost, Speed and Coverage.

Last edited:
i saw in my airtel app in place (Check if your phone is 5g enabled) But unfortunately i am missed that offers.
After that i am contacted airtel via Twitter they said (please be informed that these offers are for a specific time period. keep checking the Airtel thanks app )
So Airtel’s Hide and seek game starts😀

i saw in my airtel app in place (Check if your phone is 5g enabled) But unfortunately i am missed that offers.
After that i am contacted airtel via Twitter they said (please be informed that these offers are for a specific time period. keep checking the Airtel thanks app )
This is Airtel's version of Welcome offer...
5PufjEB.jpg

@naviin0489 Jio 5G testing just started in Sivakasi. N78 signals reach just the higher buildings. I am getting it in my second floor of my house, only N28 reaches first floor and nothing reaches in ground floor. They will steadily increase coverage and launch officially after may be a month.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock