Unified Payments Interface (UPI) - News & Updates

Which UPI app you use?

• Total voters
It's been reduced to 10000 few days after I posted that comment. This is only for ICICI bank though!

I transacted 20000 recently and it worked fine using HDFC bank and phone pe. I know there are limitation of 5000 per transaction and 25000 per day on whatsapp, but not sure about ICICI

I transacted 20000 recently and it worked fine using HDFC bank and phone pe. I know there are limitation of 5000 per transaction and 25000 per day on whatsapp, but not sure about ICICI
Yes, the restriction is at bank level. ICICI bank customers can't transfer more than 10000 per transaction through any UPI app.

Discontinue Aadhaar-based payments through UPI and IMPS, NPCI tells banks
As the Supreme Court hears arguments over concerns around the Aadhaar database and the regulatory framework around it, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has told banks to discontinue Aadhaar-based payments through the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Immediate Payment System (IMPS) channels. In a July 17 circular addressed to banks, the payments body said, “Aadhaar number is a sensitive information and the revised framework about its usage in the payment landscape is still evolving.

I don't use UPI. I use Amazon Pay and Freecharge wallet for payments. I stopped using Paytm as retailers in my city charges extra for Paytm transaction. Will start using Pay Pal soon when they support RuPay cards.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock