• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 752

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
If you don't have a valid proof of residence of your current location, worry not. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the apex body that issues Aadhaar card, is set to start a new service next year that will help people update their address in an easier way.

The new service will start from April 1, 2019, says a report by news agency PTI.

"Residents who are not having acceptable proof of address may submit their request for address verification through Aadhaar letter having a secret code. Once the letter is received by the resident, he/she can use the secret code to update his/her address in Aadhaar on the SSUP online portal," the UIDAI said in a notification on Tuesday, PTI reported.
Letters with secret pin will make updating Aadhaar address easier by 2019

This is excellent news. I struggled like hell to update my address on Aadhar when we moved. I had to open a new bank account and use that pass book.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock