Mr.DTH said:
i hate twitter but joined to tweet dreamdth:p

now a days i have forget the password also:-/

:D:D Kind of popularity even shown by our admin. :D:D

RE: Twitter is not a safe site: Experts

plz don't mind yaar but its true:lol

i have joined in feb to make a dreamdth id only then i left it:D

Rising Twitter valued at $8 billion: Report

NEW YORK: The US micro-blogging website Twitter is gaining value and is now worth an estimated $8 billion, the New York Times reported Friday.

The newspaper, citing two people briefed on the matter, said the popular website is in the process of raising $400 million in a deal that has provided the latest estimation of its value.

The Wall Street Journal had reported a similar deal on Tuesday, putting the company's valuation at up to $7 billion.

The Times cited one of its sources as saying that the financing round will be led by DST Global, the investment firm headed by Russian billionaire Yuri Milner , and that previous investors, including the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, will also participate.

In December, Twitter received an injection of $200 million from investors to help fuel its growth, reportedly giving the San Francisco-based company a valuation of $3.7 billion.

That round of financing was led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.

Twitter has fended off several buyers and has repeatedly said it is not considering going public.

Founded in 2006, the company recently announced that Twitter users are sending 200 million tweets a day, up from 65 million a year ago.

A recent study by the Pew Research Center said 13 percent of online US adults use Twitter, up from eight percent in November 2010. The site has more than 200 million total users.

Source: economictimes

Big news Twitter broke

Hackers broke into the Twitter feeds of Fox News and PayPal this week, raising concerns about how secure the microblogging site is as it increasingly becomes a platform for news dissemination.

Twitter, which allows people to send 140-character text messages, or Tweets, to groups of so-called followers, is one of the most popular social networking services on the Web, along with Facebook.

Here are five prominent news events that broke on Twitter:

Osama Bin Laden's death
In the time between the White House announcing a late-night press conference, and US President Obama telling the world Osama bin Laden had been killed, one Twitter user had already broken the news of his death on May 2.

Keith Urbahn, the chief of staff for former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld, wrote, "So I'm told by a reputable person they have killed Osama Bin Laden. Hot damn."

Urbahn later said he did not know for certain if Bin Laden was dead, but that "the bar for checking sources is much lower in Twitter."

Hudson river plane crash
When US Airways flight 1549 unexpectedly landed in the Hudson River in New York City in January 2009, Twitter users were among the first to break the news and post photographs.

Janis Krums tweeted a picture of passengers on the wings of the floating Airbus passenger jet: "There's a plane plane in the Hudson. I'm on the ferry going to pick up the people. Crazy."

The incident is an example of how Twitter and other social media sites allow anyone with a smartphone to break news.

Royal wedding announcement
The Clarence House Twitter feed had all the details on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding in Britain.

The Twitter feed for the Prince of Wales announced in early January detailed plans for the big day, including the date of the wedding, how the bride would arrive, and who would conduct the royal ceremony.

Twitter has been well received among celebrities such as Charlie Sheen, who used the platform to rail against his employer CBS on his way to more than 4 million followers.

US presidential campaigns
US presidential candidates on both sides of the aisle used Twitter to announce their 2012 election campaigns.

Newt Gingrich wrote, "Today I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States." He also Tweeted a link to a video of his announcement.

Obama announced his 2012 campaign in a social media blitz on April 4. On July 6, the president held a "Twitter townhall" where he pressed his economic agenda and poked fun at Republicans. Obama, who is not known for brevity, tweeted, "One last point -- I know Twitter, I'm supposed to be short."

Hillary Clinton won't work twice under Obama
CNN issued a tease on Twitter about an interview with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in which she said she would not stay on President Obama's cabinet if he is elected to a second term.

A CNN executive producer tweeted on March 16 that Hillary Clinton "would NOT be in an Obama 2nd term cabinet."

The Tweet was an advertisement for a later interview on CNN with Clinton, and highlighted one way news companies use the social media tool.

toi

RE: Big news Twitter broke

haha ha........this has to happen i think.......wrost networks worst hacked:D:D:D

'Facebook, Twitter creating self-obsessed people'

London, July 30 : Social networking websites Facebook and Twitter have created a generation obsessed with themselves, having short attention spans and a child-like desire for constant feedback on their lives, says an Oxford scientist.

According to Baroness Greenfield, professor of pharmacology at Oxford University, the growth of internet 'friendships' as well as greater use of computer games could effectively 'rewire' the brain.

She says this can lead to reduced concentration, a need for instant gratification and poor non-verbal skills, such as the ability to make eye contact during conversations.

Repeated exposure to social networking sites leaves users with an 'identity crisis', the Daily Mail reported the scientist as saying.

Baroness Greenfield, former director of research body the Royal Institution, said: "What concerns me is the banality of so much that goes out on Twitter."

"Why should someone be interested in what someone else has had for breakfast? It reminds me of a small child (saying): "Look at me Mummy, I'm doing this", "Look at me Mummy, I'm doing that".

She said that some Facebook users feel the need to become 'mini celebrities' who are watched and admired by others on a daily basis. They do things that are 'Facebook worthy' because the only way they can define themselves is by "people knowing about them".

"It's almost as if people are living in a world that's not a real world, but a world where what counts is what people think of you or (if they) can click on you," she said.

"Think of the implications for society if people worry more about what other people think about them than what they think about themselves."

--IANS

Weather Channel teams up with Twitter

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k11/aug/aug104.php

Twitter blocks third party clients

Twitter suspended third party Twitter clients like Uber twitter, Uber current and Twidroyd for alleged violation of Twitter policies.

Source : Digit Magazine.

Twitter App for Blackberry

The twitter app for blackberry was launched in april 2010. This app provides real time push of Twitter messages, offers camera and photo gallery integration and much more.

Source : Digit Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock