Train ran for 15Km without Engine

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh god, can't imagine fear people on that train would have had :(
Actually passengers were not aware abt the situation. If they were aware they can pull the chain and stop it.
You can clearly see in the video that people from platforms asking to pull the chain. But nobody understands it.

Actually passengers were not aware abt the situation. If they were aware they can pull the chain and stop it.
You can clearly see in the video that people from platforms asking to pull the chain. But nobody understands it.

“We were praying to God to save us from the disaster. We could not know what was happening. We tried to pull the chain but the train did not stop,” said a passenger.

Watch: Ahmedabad-Puri Express without engine rolls back 10 km in Odisha

Why this types of incidents happening because of employees mistakes but if train not stop automatically then it will going to be a big accident, railway administration should be increase security to not happen this types of incidents again..

As per my understanding, the chain triggers only alarm and it doesn't apply any break. Correct me if I am wrong.

As per my understanding, the chain triggers only alarm and it doesn't apply any break. Correct me if I am wrong.

There are reports that people are pulling chain for unnecessary reasons like footwear, wallet or money falling out of the running train or plain curiosity.
Railways troubled by false chain-pulling cases
Man pulls chain for friend to catch train, gets caught | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
Incidents of people pulling alarm chains in trains for frivolous reasons on the rise
No more pulling chain to stop train - Times of India

so Railway will disconnect chain form brake. So that may happen this time that Railway has disconnected chain from brakes so pulling chain does not stop coaches

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock