• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,114

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Fifteen persons were injured when 12 coaches of the Howrah-New Delhi Poorva Express derailed near Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh early on Saturday.

The train was going to New Delhi when the incident occurred near the Rooma railway station — about 20 km from here — in Kanpur Nagar district around 12.50 a.m. Four out of the 12 derailed Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coaches had overturned, North Central Railway public relations officer Amit Malviya said.

15 injured as train derails in U.P.

But the question here is why most of times Trains derail in UP. Whether tracks are not properly checked or maintained by Railway persons. Why is it happening there mostly. Or railway persons are doing their job correctly.

2 reasons. Firstly UP is very large and secondly typical sarkari mentality, it's a govt job so why doing duty if we can get salary at the end of month without doing it :ok2:

This happens due to some street kids playing with tracks like placing rocks on rails.

Exactly my question @Ashok L Bro. I also found it suspicious. There may be some terrorists organizations who may purposely broke the railway tracks to derail the trains.
@Sarkar Bro but it mostly happens on UP only and that too on regular basis there may be something wrong or suspicious.

Exactly my question @Ashok L Bro. I also found it suspicious. There may be some terrorists organizations who may purposely broke the railway tracks to derail the trains.
@Sarkar Bro but it mostly happens on UP only and that too on regular basis there may be something wrong or suspicious.

Real reason is here Overworked tracks: Excessive traffic, underinvestment make train travel unsafe

Howrah Delhi route running at 150% capacity so Congestion eats into track maintenance time

Congestion reduces the headway—the time-interval between two consecutive trains running on the same route—thus increasing the chances of collisions on very busy stretches. This also eats into the time available for maintenance, the overbusy Delhi-Kanpur segment. Between midnight and 7 am, the busiest rail traffic hours, railway staff got just 13 minutes to check the tracks.

Rail traffic, especially in the Gangetic plains, is so excessive that “if all trains were to travel in accordance with their [Indian Railways] schedule, then the present infrastructure would not be able to handle the resultant traffic-flow”, the paper added.

Indian Railways authorities manage this situation “by making trains wait at signals”, explained the paper. This practice results in “frequent delays” and also “increases the possibility of collisions in the event of human errors such as failure of the driver to react to signals”.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock