TRAI crack down on Spam Calls and SMS - effective from 1st September 2024

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 1,561
PIB2044818.jpg

I think when i port my Airtel sim into jio, the older user of this number before i get this number from retailer some in my area last year of that number maybe or may not used this sim for other's activity.
First you mentioned you ported to Jio

another sentence you mentioned you get this number.

Don't you think there is contradiction between these two?

First you mentioned you ported to Jio

another sentence you mentioned you get this number.

Don't you think there is contradiction between these two?
Let me explain what was happened, I had Airtel sim from last 1 year, when i switch my bank account, i came to know, it was someone else number before that linked to bank in other state.

So, i decided to port my number into Jio. After 3 days of porting process. Jio send me that message don't use your number for making any telemarketing calls or spam but it also mentioned in the end, this is advisory messenger as per TRAI Rules.

I had another Jio number that never had received this type of text message from Jio. I think Jio only send to those who do port from other network for just an information.

Now i want to stop this number coz this number is not being good for myself, i think so.

Good decision taken by TRAI....👍
Yes, It's working from telecom's, i haven't received any spam from any companies or any telemarketing calls. However, Scammers are advanced, they are now targeting you over Whatsapp number if it's linked with your any e-companies also send you updates.

The regulator has been issuing new directives to telcos and meeting with other government bodies to try and curb a new explosion in fraud and scam calls and messages.

Telecom service providers, in the last two weeks, have blacklisted over 50 entities, and disconnected more than 2.75 lakh mobile numbers and telecom resources after the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) cracked down hard on spam calls and messages.

Back
Top Bottom