• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 2,202

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
In this case, TRAI chairman acted speedy, saves Jio and BSNL with low spectrum and blocks AVoId

Anyways this was just marketing bluff. I have Airtel 499 plan which have platinum benefits but hardly gets 1 Mbps and all complaint are closed with a promise of new tower coming soon.

Airtel is doing this from last 2/3 years silently, while I was in Mumbai we were 4 people living, two had Postpaid connection and on Speedtest they used to get 15-20 Mbps speeds and I and my other roomate used to get speeds of less than 5 Mbps sitting in the same room, they have been doing this from long, it got highlighted just now.

I Have Both Postpaid And Prepaid Plans In Same Device But Not Finding Any Difference In Speed!

Even if they choose to provide different speeds to different customers based on the payment tier, it is in no way flouting any rules of net neutrality (as TRAI is trying to investigate) coz they are not providing preferential speed to any particular app or website while throttling the others.
This is the same thing as home broadband plans offering 20 Mbps or 50 Mbps or 100 Mbps and charging differently for the plan chosen as per the speed offered.

Good going TRAI. Punish them unethical operators.

Normally when we raise a request. We get reply of high network congestion and less towers in area. For premium users. Do they set up personal towers or what?

How about providing compensation to normal users when the speed is below 2 mbps first before even considering premium plans?

Even if they choose to provide different speeds to different customers based on the payment tier, it is in no way flouting any rules of net neutrality (as TRAI is trying to investigate) coz they are not providing preferential speed to any particular app or website while throttling the others.
This is the same thing as home broadband plans offering 20 Mbps or 50 Mbps or 100 Mbps and charging differently for the plan chosen as per the speed offered.
That comparison doesn't seem right. We pay for Speed+Data on Wired broadband and we get exactly what we pay for. But on wireless, nowhere do the operators mention speed that's guaranteed to the users, whatever maybe the tier of the plan, only data. If they do want to implement this, they should provide a guaranteed speed for all the tiers. For instance, for prepaid or lower tier plans, let them provide 5 Mbps all the time regardless of where we are located and for higher tier they can provide 20 Mbps if they want to. However, if they are throttling a lower tier user's speed to serve better speed to a higher tier user, that's unfair, which is why TRAI intervened imo.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock