• Welcome to OnlyTech community forums. If you are an existing member of our DreamDTH forums, please use the same login credentials to login here. Create a new account only if you are not registered at DreamDTH before 10th April 2020. If you have trouble logging in, please let us know through the contact form.
  • Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

TomTom to power HTC phones in India

iS THAT ME

Guru
Reaction score
TomTom to power HTC phones in India

NEW DELHI: Mapping solutions company TomTom today said it has partnered with handset maker HTC to provide maps, points of interest and turn-by-turn directions for its range of smartphones in India.

This partnership marks the first consumer-focused implementation of TomTom's map data in the rapidly growing Indian market, TomTom said in a statement.

According to ABI Research, more than 5.2 million smartphones are expected to be shipped to India in 2012 and is projected to more than triple by 2015.

"We are excited to expand our global offerings by powering the map services for all HTC smartphones in India," TomTom Vice-President (Sales and Marketing Licensing) Nuno Campos said.

Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has over 3,500 employees and operates from 50 locations in 35 countries.

TomTom provides consumers, enterprises, governments and automotive industry solutions like digital maps, traffic intelligence solution, navigation software, devices, fleet management services and smartphone apps, among others.

TomTom has entered India in September 2011, with its range of VIA series of Portable Navigation Devices.

"India is not only a key market for HTC, but also one of the largest countries with the second largest population in the world," said Faisal Siddiqui, country manager, HTC India.

TomTom is the ideal partner to provide the most current map data that will enable Indian consumers to use their HTC smartphones to navigate accurately and effortlessly, he added.

Source

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mmadhankumar TomTom launches 4 new GPS sport watches in India at Rs 12,999 onwards Mobiles & Accessories 0
Prithi Deb Realme 10000mAh Power Bank 2 Mobiles & Accessories 1
Bapun Raz Discussion Moto G8 Power Lite Mobiles & Accessories 5
Bapun Raz Mi Wireless Charging Power Bank Mobiles & Accessories 0
OnlyTech.com Article Airtel redefines International Roaming (IR) – Now Power lies in the hands of the customer! OnlyTech Articles Discussions 0
DJ Roy Redmi Power Banks Mobiles & Accessories 2
Bapun Raz Moto G Power Mobiles & Accessories 0
DJ Roy Sad News Three Feared Trapped as Water Pipeline Bursts in Assam Power Project General Topics 0
A Seeking Help Bought MI 20000mah Power Bank, Need Help Mobiles & Accessories 14
sumitroy Realme 10000mAh Power Bank Mobiles & Accessories 0
Sparker0i Discussion Moto G8 Series | Moto G8 - Moto G8 Plus - Moto G8 Play - Moto G8 Power Mobiles & Accessories 14
Bapun Raz Mi launched new Power Bank 2i with 18 Watt Fast Charging in India Mobiles & Accessories 10
Bapun Raz Free power supply till 200 units in Delhi General Topics 20
Abhinav842 Breaking PNB reported Rs 3,800cr fraud by Bhushan Power and Steel General Topics 0
Abhinav842 Breaking India is lowest-cost producer of solar power General Topics 0
Bapun Raz OTF Exclusive I bought a 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i - Unboxing and Review inside Member Reviews & Unboxings 16
Siva Discussion Moto G7 - G7 Plus - G7 Play - G7 Power Mobiles & Accessories 28
Bapun Raz All-New Alexa Voice Remote with Power and Volume Control for Fire TV Mobiles & Accessories 2
Bapun Raz Mi Power Bank 3 Mobiles & Accessories 1
H Seeking Help Suggest me a power bank under 1000 Buying Guidance 2
R Mukesh Ambani to power your cooking gas connection, RIL-BP bids for 15 cities in largest PNG licensing auction General Topics 0
J Motorola One - Motorola One Power Mobiles & Accessories 21
A Seeking Help Which stabilizer is best for 55 inch LED Tv and home theatre to protect from power fluctuations/Surge. Consumer Electronics 3
J OTF Exclusive Xiaomi announces QC 3.0 Power Adapter Mobiles & Accessories 5
Bapun Raz Energizer Power Max 600s Mobiles & Accessories 0