Tickets worth Rs 52.36 lakh went unsold for Delhi ODI: BCCI VP

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
BCCI vice-president C K Khanna on Thursday claimed that tickets worth Rs 52.36 lakh for the recent ODI match between India and New Zealand went "unsold".

"Tickets worth Rupees 52,36,000 were unsold. Why all the tickets were not sold-out? DDCA started online ticket sale quite late that too without proper advertisement," Khanna claimed in a media release.

He also wrote that it was reported recently that a profit of Rs 5 crore made by DDCA but the profit was actually less.

"A news item appeared few days back in some section of media that DDCA earned more than 5 crores in recently organised One Day International Cricket Match between India & New Zealand held on 20th Oct 2016.

"After verifying from M/S V.K Bajaj & Co. who are looking after the accounts of DDCA including International Match account also. I was informed from the details forwarded to me by M/s V.K Baja & Co. that DDCA has earned a profit of 3.61 crore approx. only from this International Match."

However contrary to BCCI vice-president Khanna's claim, his anti-group led by Chetan Chauhan in their media release last week never claimed Rs 5 crore as profit.

The release sent by Chauhan faction stated that DDCA has made profits worth Rs 3.81 crore.

Tickets worth Rs 52.36 lakh went unsold for Delhi ODI: BCCI VP - Rediff Cricket

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock