Good News Telecom Spectrum Auction to happen on March 2021

Vodafone will likely not bid for anything. They have decent spectrum quantity and would rather go for conserving cash.

I feel BSNL has got a good chunk of new Spectrum also, coz the amount of spectrum they are putting up for auction is much lesser than what is available with Dot.
I really hope this is the case. It's long due. As of now, it's now only 3 operators to consider and in some location, all 3 are crap. I really hope BSNL continues to be a viable option.

I feel BSNL has got a good chunk of new Spectrum also, coz the amount of spectrum they are putting up for auction is much lesser than what is available with Dot.
Esmail bhai

Where are details of the spectrum put for aution?

It was long pending demand for BSNL to provide 2100Mhz for 4G/3g+4G. hence it was very much expected bsnl will get good spectrum as same thing happen during 2008-10, when bsnl got 3G spectrum ahead of private.

But this time TechMahindra, tcs, Sterlite will deploy manage and maintain network and some MVNO will see marketing and customer service of BSNL, so in short BSNL would be just spectrum holding company all operation/profit goes to private companies. and BSNL will just barely make profit after paying taxes, levies and Spectrum installment.

Esmail bhai

Where are details of the spectrum put for aution?
The circle and band wise availability of spectrum for the upcoming auction will be disclosed in the notice inviting applications (NIA) which will be released in the next few days/weeks. As of now we only know that a total of 2251.25 MHz will be put up for sale across all bands.

The circle and band wise availability of spectrum for the upcoming auction will be disclosed in the notice inviting applications (NIA) which will be released in the next few days/weeks. As of now we only know that a total of 2251.25 MHz will be put up for sale across all bands.
so instead of something of 2440, its 2251, so gap was due to additional spectrum alloted to bsnl in either 1800/2100Mhz.

let us wait for NIA? where it will be published, dot.gov.in?

you are right 1 block of band 1, 210mmMhz given to bsnl in each circle
except rajsthan where they have give 5Mhz in band 5, 850Mhz.
and
10Mhz in band 3 of 1800Mhz in delhi.

Whats logic of not giving 2100Mhz in delhi even after available spectrum is 15Mhz.

So BSNL 4G will run on 3 frequnecies band 1 in 20 circle, band 3 in Delhi and band 5 in Rajasthan.

Last edited:
you are right 1 block of band 1, 2100 Mhz given to bsnl in each circle
except rajsthan where they have give 5Mhz in band 5, 850Mhz.
and
10Mhz in band 3 of 1800Mhz in delhi.

Whats logic of not giving 2100Mhz in delhi even after available spectrum is 15Mhz.

So BSNL 4G will run on 3 frequnecies band 1 in 20 circle, band 3 in Delhi and band 5 in Rajasthan.
Exactly, even I'm unable to understand why they made an exception for Delhi in Band 1

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock