Good News Telecom Spectrum Auction to happen on March 2021

No 5G next year if there's only a combined 2GHz spectrum auction. I'm really hoping we aren't slow in replying 5G, like 4G

No 5G next year if there's only a combined 2GHz spectrum auction. I'm really hoping we aren't slow in replying 5G, like 4G
They will hold the 5G auction probably around Q4 of 2021 coz they are still sorting out the difference in opinion between the department of space, ministry of defence, ministry of information and broadcasting and the department of Telecom about the ownership of airwaves in various bands. As of now Dot has just 175 MHz in the 3500 MHz band so hopefully if the millimetre band airwaves become available then later next year we will see a 5G auction

They will hold the 5G auction probably around Q4 of 2021 coz they are still sorting out the difference in opinion between the department of space, ministry of defence, ministry of information and broadcasting and the department of Telecom about the ownership of airwaves in various bands. As of now Dot has just 175 MHz in the 3500 MHz band so hopefully if the millimetre band airwaves become available then later next year we will see a 5G auction
I think 4G spectrum can use for 5G NR (New Radio) ie 4G band 3 (1800 Mhz) is n3 in 5G

I think 4G spectrum can use for 5G NR (New Radio) ie 4G band 3 (1800 Mhz) is n3 in 5G
Yes technically all 4G spectrum can also be used for 5G but that will only be namesake, just to say that see I have launched 5G in 2021 but you will get only 4G speeds on that 5G network due to lack of capacity spectrum.

The forthcoming spectrum auction will be focused on spectrum renewals for the three major operators — Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio, and Vodafone Idea — which could cost them a combined total of Rs 44,000 crore, which is equivalent to the adjusted gross revenues of telcos in the quarter of June 2020.

Airtel, Jio, Vodafone have to fork out Rs 44,000 cr for 4G spectrum auction

The forthcoming spectrum auction will be focused on spectrum renewals for the three major operators — Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio, and Vodafone Idea — which could cost them a combined total of Rs 44,000 crore, which is equivalent to the adjusted gross revenues of telcos in the quarter of June 2020.

Airtel, Jio, Vodafone have to fork out Rs 44,000 cr for 4G spectrum auction
I think Jio alone might buy 50k crores of spectrum towards renewals & topups for 4G and new aquisition in 700 Mhz for 5G.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock