Telecom operators commit over Rs 74,000 crore to curb call drops

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Leading telecom operators, including Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio, have committed to investing over Rs 74,000 crore to upgrade and expand their infrastructure to address the issue of call drops, Telecom Secretary Aruna Sundararajan said today.
"Telecom operators raised an issue of non-availability of sites for installing mobile towers along with some other problems.

"Bharti Airtel said that they have invested Rs 16,000 crore on infrastructure and will be spending another Rs 24,000 crore. Reliance Jio has said that they will invest Rs 50,000 in installing 1 lakh towers in coming fiscal," Sundararajan told reporters after meeting senior officials of telecom companies.

Telecom operators commit over Rs 74,000 crore to curb call drops

I moved to Airtel 3 months back due to poor connectivity of Jio in most parts of Mumbai,first 2 months Airtel was perfect but recently I have started to face heavy call drops,like I need to dial a number 5 to 6 times to get it connected,on first ring the call disconnects
And same is with incoming,as soon as the call comes it automatically cuts,have complaint to Airtel and they provided me with a new replaced SIM but still same issue :(

In my area I am not having that much problem...
may be once in a month or twice i get that but that too for time may be 5 min...
but i never experienced call drop in my area in Airtel/Jio currently i am using
Past i used Reliance in that also i am not having that much problems...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock